Two weeks!

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/12 7:27 am
RNY on 04/18/12
My RNY is scheduled for 4/18/12.  I am not scared or nervous, I just want it to be the 18th already!  I know I am doing the right thing for a healthy life.  I am so grateful to have found this site and this forum in particular.  It is great to read all of the posts, whether they are from pre-ops, recent surgery, 1 year out, and the long-timers.  Each topic is so interesting and helpful!

My final pre-op visit with my surgeon and my dietitian are Friday.  I've made a list of things to buy before surgery and a list of items I want to bring to the hospital with me.  I have made all the arrangements with work for FMLA, short-term disability, and letting my customers and co-workers I will be unavailable and who my backup will be.  I had a girls day out with my daughter and we looked at all the clothes I will be able to buy when I begin to lose some weight.

I am SO ready.  

Lori54555
on 4/4/12 7:39 am - Phillips, WI
Shelly, I have mine scheduled for 4/11. I am now getting scared about a million things that I won't even bring up because i don't want you to think about them. however, I did look at some clothing recently, and thought the same thing, about all the clothes I WILL be able to purchase soon. At this point, I just cant wait for 4/11 to be over with so I can have it in my past. Good luck to you!

Lena72
on 4/4/12 8:39 am - Greenville, NC
RNY on 03/21/12
Congrats on your surgery date. I had my surgery on March 21, trust me the time will go by very quickly.

Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/12 8:44 am - Round Lake, IL
RNY on 04/20/12
Good luck!  Mine is 2 days after yours!  CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Steph
sweet-tart2012
on 4/4/12 9:42 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
Congrats on your date! 

imgettingfit
on 4/4/12 10:10 am - Millersville, MD

Congratulations!

I have one tip for you...don't buy huge containers of protein powder!  In preparation for surgery, I ordered hundreds of dollars worth of a variety of protein powders...and now I can't stand half of them.  They're just taking up space and make me regretful every time I open the pantry.

If you're like most of us, your taste buds will change dramatically in the beginning and many things you used to love will repel you.

Remember the first week is the absolute worst and it gets better every day!
Height: 5'6" SW: 234 

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/12 12:03 pm
RNY on 04/18/12
 Thanks, everyone!  I am so happy to have joined this site.  You're all amazing!  
LouLou4
on 4/4/12 9:38 pm
Hi Shelly

I am also scheduled for 18th April. Only 13 days to go!!! Will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope we both come through this ok

Please keep us updated with your progress, we'll probably have lots of the same questions post-op!
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/12 12:56 am
RNY on 04/18/12
I will keep my fingers crossed for you, also!  Good luck!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 216 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics