had epidural on Thursday and pain is almost gone

rbb825
on 4/15/12 2:50 pm - Suffern, NY
I am so excited - I went to the hospital for my epidural for L3-L4, they used a slightly different name (have to get the complete name on Tuesday) - they introduced me to the anesthesiologist and said I was going to be put to sleep and then my pain management doctor came in and I filled out all the forms. I got on the table  = needed to be an acrobat to get into the position I think but they helped me and the next thing I knew it, I was awake and it was done.

I went home a few hours later.  He did explain that he doesnt use novacaine in the injections because in many cases it causes patients to not be able to walk for several hours - you lose the feeling in your lower limbs.  So, I agreed to that.  I was walking fine, very little pain -  much less than before.  He said the pain might be worse the next day and to use ice that night and for the next few days if needed.  He said it could be much worse for 3-5 days or improved right away.  that night, I was overcome with exhaustion but no increased pain.  I used ice that night and the next morning and  DRUM ROLL PLEASE  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>  t

I am practically pain free already.  I am almost afraid to jinx it but I have to tell - I know many times you have to go for 3 rounds of epidurals and if I do, I am fine but if it continues - I am done.  I even have an appointment on Tuesday for physical therapy which I am not sure if I need, but I think I will go for.  I figure I could still use the range of motion for my hip and the extra exercise.  Just had to tell.  I am always giving bad news - finally have some good news for a change - YEAH!!!!!!!!

seattledeb
on 4/15/12 7:16 pm
 Such a wonderful thing!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
Deb T.

LouLou4
on 4/15/12 9:05 pm
That is wondeful news. Fingers crossed everything continues to go well for you!
wendydettmer
on 4/16/12 2:17 am - Rochester, NY
that is awesome!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views