please confirm pop question

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/20/13 12:09 am - OH

Yep.  Right after I had my knee replacement, it occurred to me that if I am buried when I die, what will eventually be left is the bones and teeth, the staples in my pouch, my IVC filter, and my knee joint.... and I wondered if the knee joint would survive  the heat of cremation...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lori F.
on 4/21/13 8:38 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

Yes, it will survive.  There was actually an article about a company recycling all the metal parts left from cremation.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 4/20/13 1:03 am - IN

I chose not to because of the acidity since I have had an ulcer. Same thing with coffee now.  I am fully healed and do not want to chance it.  Before the ulcer I did drink soda. I really don't miss it. 

~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
BWB
on 4/20/13 3:09 am

I've read the pros and cons since my surgery 9/1/11 but because my instructions say to give it up to lose weight, I gave it up.  I've been carbonation free ever since and while there are times I really do want a diet coke there are more times that I have forgotten all about it.  It use to have control over me now I have the control on my side.  My advice is to ask you doctor why you shouldn't drink it.  

beverlyp
on 4/21/13 7:55 pm

My surgeon didn't say anything about pop neither do or don't, one NUT said don't do drink diet pop cause of something about the "fake" sugar and my body still thinking its real sugar and producing insulin and it effecting the ketosis that I want my body to be in to loose the maximum amount of weight.  Then a different NUT she didn't see how a diet coke could hurt other than maybe giving me a belly ache and making me feel like I was going to explode due to the carbonation.  But my surgeon did say that the staples are stronger than my stomach and that I would it damage before the staples, but he was talking about over eating, not drinking.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics