What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 4/13/14 11:08 pm, edited 4/14/14 12:03 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

HI OH friends,

Happy Monday!  (I am trying to convince myself lol).  It was a gorgeous weekend here on the east coast, and I hope you all had similarly beautiful weekends.  I braved the hordes of tourists to go downtown and see the Cherry Blossoms.  According to my FitBit, I walked 6.93 miles on Saturday - almost 17,000 steps!  That definitely wouldn't have happened 100 lbs ago :)  I posted a pic below.

I am seeing less differences in the mirror, though I am down a few more lbs.  Now I am seeing sagging skin and lumps and bumps and I marvel at how I should be celebrating my great loss, but now I am starting to think about saving for some serious plastic surgery.  Do any of you ever think "How in the F did I get here?  To the point I needed surgery to lose weight and now I will need surgery to cut my skin off and pull it up around my waist".  Ugh, just having a reflective day, I guess.

On to the menu:

B: Crustless quiche made with egg beaters, crab, artichokes, light shredded cheddar cheese, garlic, onion (my poor officemate ha ha)

L: Chicken salad made from leftover rotisserie chicken and light mayo and spices 

S: Syntrax nectar strawberry kiwi shake made with water before the gym (to augment my protein numbers)

D: Same as lunch (I am so sick of throwing away food)

V: Morning vits down the hatch

E: Going to the gym after work - couldn't get a personal training session in today but will make myself do strength training as if there was someone forcing me!

ETA: Totals: 690 calories, 36 g of fat, 13 g of carbs, 75 g of protein

What's on your menu?

Ocalasam
on 4/13/14 11:20 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Oh my gosh yes!!!  I think, wow, I'm at goal.  I haven't been this small since 4th grade, but my legs look like an 80 year old woman )-: and this makes me so depressed.  My breasts went from a DD to a B. . .thank goodness I am married, I couldn't date again with that mess.  I am very self conscious about my body, even though in clothes, I look fantastic.  I'm even one of the lucky ones.  My tummy looks great, my arms aren't great, but not too bad, my legs are the worst and my butt is a little saggy.  In a swim suit, I look like someone who had WLS.....but, what did I expect, I had WLS.  I lost 133 pounds in a little over a year.  I'm not planning on having plastic surgery.  I have two young children and I just can't be that selfish with my time or money.  Anyway, you are not alone.  I've also been REALLY struggling with trying to keep my calories down lately.  I start my period today.  I'm emotional, retaining water and crampy.  It's going to be a long day!!!

B: snack sized Premier protein shake

S: L&F greek yogurt

L: leftover Moe's black bean and ground beef bowl

D: not sure, going out to Japanese steakhouse/sushi....will make good choices!!!

V: first batch done

E: getting back into it this week!

Dcgirl
on 4/13/14 11:27 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Amen sister :(  My legs already look like I had WLS and I am only halfway there!  I AM dating, so I can be selfish and have PS lol.  But man I just noticed you are at 125 lbs!!!  You most definitely must look amazing in clothes!  You are freaking tiny!  My goal is 170 and I may revise that down as I get closer but I don't know.  170 seemed impossibly far away when I started this and now that I am halfway there in four months BUT the loss is slowing down, perhaps I can get to 150.  We will see!  I am more afraid of the pain after PS than anything.

AnnyBananny
on 4/13/14 11:54 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Seriously! My boobs are shrinking at not quite 4 weeks post-op and I'm already thinking I need a breast lift (but maybe I've always thought that...)

Today is to be my first full day back at work. I took 2 weeks off, then worked 2 weeks of 1/2 days. I've been so grateful to be in the position that I had a lot of time I could easily use, a director who is flexible, and am AMAZING staff to keep things running smoothly. I also only live a few blocks from work, so I'm planning to go home at lunch time and rest if I need to.

Not quite 4 weeks post-op (Wednesday I get to move to my next phase of food, thank heaven!)

B: egg salad - 1 hard boiled egg smushed like crazy with a little LF mayo

S: 8oz Lemon Tea Nectar protein shake

L: super munched up chicken salad

S: 8oz Roadside Lemonade Nectar protein shake

D: Baked Ricotta

S: 8oz Chocolate Truffle Nectar protein shake made with unsweetened almond milk

V: On track

W: still struggling, but getting better

E: we'll see if I'm still alive after working all day, but hopefully at least a short walk after work

Just remembered I have an order from Netrition arriving today that includes Double Stuffed Cookie Nectar protein powder AND pb2 - both I've been dreaming of trying! Oh, the little things!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 4/14/14 12:02 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

A breast lift is on my radar too :)  But like you, I have always wanted one lol!  Sounds like you are doing great getting in your protein and fluids - good luck today with a full day.  I was back to full days after a week and just a little tired.  I just made sure to go to bed on time.  I have a desk job however.  I haven't tried the double stuffed cookie shake - let us know how it tastes!

NDHM
on 4/14/14 1:16 pm

I swear my first 60 pounds were lost from my boobs!

By the way, I tried the roadside lemonade today.  One of my students came up & said, "I keep smelling, um...um...farts".  It was the protein drink! lol

JJ0609
on 4/13/14 11:54 pm, edited 4/14/14 3:53 am

Congratulations to both of you on a job well done! I know the road was/is hard. I understand what you mean about your bodies, I had a bummer experience with my body this weekend during an intimate moment with my husband this weekend. I noticed just how much extra skin my stomach had, needless to say it killed the moment for me but I did not say anything. Afterward I took a close look at the rest of my body and realized that my arms, legs and butt had extra skin too. I knew my boobs were close to being nonexistent. I would do plastic surgery in a heartbeat if I had the money. LOL! OH well. My husband does not care. Maybe I can just not look at myself! Yeah right! I always am being critical. Now more than ever. Glad you both had a great weekend. Sorry we all three had a sad realization about our bodies. Well it is too early to get depressed so on with the show. Here's what's on the menu for me. 

Related Ads

Diet Food not to Eat
Belly Fat Diet
DR Oz 11 Week Diet

Your Food Diary For:

Monday, April 14, 2014

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Quest Nutrition - Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar, 1 bar 170 25 6 20 0 1  
Dunkin' Donuts - Jelly Donut Flavored Coffee, 12 oz 4 0 0 0 0 0  
Coffeemate 1-tsp - Powdered Creamer, 6 tsp 60 6 3 0 0 0  
Splenda Sweetner Packet - Sweetner, 3 packet 9 3 0 0 0 3  
Equal - Sweetner Packets, 3 packet 0 3 0 0 0 2  
Nice! - Purified Water - 16.9oz Bottle, 16.9 oz/500ml 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Milo's Tea (Splenda) - Milo's Tea (Splenda - No Calorie), 16 oz 0 0 0 0 20 0  

243 37 9 20 20 6  
Lunch
Yoplait - Light Very Cherry Yogurt, 6 oz 90 16 0 5 80 10  
  90 16 0 5 80 10  
Snack
Coffeemate 1-tsp - Powdered Creamer, 3 tsp 30 3 2 0 0 0  
Equal - Sweetner Packets, 4 packet 0 4 0 0 0 3  
Dunkin' Donuts - Jelly Donut Flavored Coffee, 6 oz 2 0 0 0 0 0  
Quest Nutrition - Questbar - Apple Pie, 1 bar (60g) 180 25 5 20 320 4  
Milo's Tea (Splenda) - Milo's Tea (Splenda - No Calorie), 16 oz 0 0 0 0 20 0  
212 32 7 20 340 7  
Dinner
Frozen Roasted Turkey Medallions 270 27 9 19 590 2  
270 27 9 19 590 2  
Snack
Starkist Tuna Creations - Sweet and Spicy Tuna Packet, 2.6 oz 90 4 1 16 380 4  
90 4 1 16 380 4  
Vitamins
Citracal - Calcium Citrate +D3 Petites, 2 tablets 0 0 0 0 5 0  
Equate - Complete Multivitamin Women 50+, 1 pill 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Rexall - Ferrous Sulfate Iron 28mg, 1 tablet 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Rexall - Vitamin C 500 Mg With Rose Hips, 2 Tablet 0 0 0 0 0 0  
0 0 0 0 5 0  

Totals 905 116 26 80 1,415 29  
Your Daily Goal 900 68 30 90 2,300 45  
Remaining -5 -48 4 10 885 16  
  Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Dcgirl
on 4/14/14 12:21 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You're doing a great job on upping your protein :)  

We are always way more critical of our own bodies than others are, I am sure of it.  I bet your hubs didn't notice or if he did, he didn't care :)  Try to keep that in mind - I will also try to be less critical :)  We can all benefit from not being so hard on ourselves.

Ocalasam
on 4/13/14 11:57 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

There is no question, that if I could afford it, that I would have plastic surgery if I were younger and single. . .no question.  I just turned 40 a month ago, and have been married for 9 years and have a 7 and 4 year old.  I'm pretty content with the way I look on most days . . . (except, my TOM, which is now and I'm a basketcase!!!).   I live in Florida, land of tank tops, swim suits and shorts . . . which is a little annoying.  Sometimes, I think I should move to a colder climate since I look so cute in sweaters and boots!!!  I don't blame you AT ALL for wanting to start saving for PS.  It would be hard dating with loose skin.  It's hard enough dating without it!!  That being said, I have spent a FORTUNE on clothes and accessories this year, with the rationalization that I deserve it for all of this hard work, and I DID have to replace everything, since even my underwear and shoes didn't fit anymore.  I'm slightly obsessed with shopping right now.  I have always loved shopping, but now that I can shop in boutiques and stores like Buckle, and am wearing s/xs, I can't help myself.  I have learned to buy camoflaging clothes.  Lace and 3/4 length sleeves and capri's are very popular right now, so that hides all the scariness!!!  Not looking forward to swim suit season.  At 123 pounds, I shouldn't have to wear a dang skirted suit, but unfortunately, I do. . .plus I'm a mom and I'm 40, so I'll live.  I wish I had this surgery when I was younger!!!

karenp8
on 4/13/14 11:58 pm - Brighton, IL

It was a beautiful weekend here in Illinois but today is chilly and gloomy again. Saturday I spent the morning squatting down to pick up floor tiles and carrying them to a dumpster. Saturday evening I walked in a relay for life event at my son's college and lapped the college kids. Not bad for a 54 year old lady! A year and a half ago I couldn't have done either of these things. I am so thankful for my surgery. I too look like a wrinkly Sharpei puppy ladies. Saggy underarms,saggy inner thighs saggy butt and saggy stomach. I look good with clothes on with a camisole or shapewear and that's what counts. If I wasn't married or younger I would probably have plastic surgery too. Weight at 120.8 today. B 1/2c oats with nuts and seeds and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L4 Oz's deli turkey and cheese and 1/2 c Greek yogurt S whole hgrain crackers with peanut butter D 3-4oz pork loin and steamed broccoli. On track with vitamins and liquids. Exercise 30 minutes on treadmill (2.1 miles) and 20 minutes on the bike. Have a great day everybody!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404