First day back to work

Grandmaneice
on 4/14/14 7:02 am
RNY on 03/24/14

Well today was my first day back to work, after having surery 3 weeks ago.  I go into work and told about 3 hours later that my position is bring eliminated.  Said they waited so I could have my surgery.. So now at the age of 53 I have to start over.. Been crying off and on all day wondering why me and how we are going yo make it.  Filing for unemployment tomorrow.  Thanks for listening.

pippin2013
on 4/14/14 7:11 am

I'm so terribly sorry.  I don't know what to say to bring you peace.  I hope you find employment quickly.  Best regards.

JJ0609
on 4/14/14 9:16 pm

It was very nice of them to let you have your surgery before eliminating your position. that says a lot about your company. I pray you find a position soon. Take this time to heal and focus on getting better and exercising and adjusting to the new you. You can pre-plan your meals and exercise routine. Stay busy to keep your mind off work. Remember when one door closes another one opens and God does not give us more than we can handle.  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

nurl
on 4/14/14 7:32 am
RNY on 05/14/13
I am so sorry
gtrdyfor50
on 4/14/14 7:40 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I am sorry that you are going through this.

Kimberly K.
on 4/14/14 10:36 am
RNY on 03/21/14

So very sorry that this has happened to you. I sincerely hope that you will find something even better and soon. What kind of work do you do?

Kim K.    

Cunning_Pam
on 4/14/14 10:37 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Oh, that does suck, I'm so sorry. At least they waited until after your surgery, but that's cold comfort I know.

Please don't lose hope! Best wishes, and I hope you find something that works for you soon.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Grandmaneice
on 4/14/14 12:06 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

Thanks everyone.  I am.well was a pre school teacher.  I knew before hand there was restructuring going on with the whole company..they run a lot of day cares and before and after programs..that should give you a clue as to who they are..they closed the preschool near us and let those 3 people come over to our place, one being a lead teacher like me..so instead of letting her go, they let me go since I was supposedly the last man on the totem pole.of full time people.I think there is another person who they wanted to get rid of a few years ago.  I asked about a part time position and they said there is more recon structuring going on.  I take it they wanted me out..they did say it was nothing I did.

of course they stood there watching me pack up most of my stuff.  Kids were asking why I was crying.feel bad for them,as I just come back and bam gone again.  I really think they are trying to get rid of us higher paying teachers and replaced them with part time minimum wage people, so they don't have to pay benefits.

pippin2013
on 4/14/14 12:27 pm

I unfortunately see this a lot.  Sounds to me like they are trying to do away with health insurance and benefits along with paying new people much less.  

tdbull
on 4/14/14 12:57 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Oh, this is so sad, and wrong. Feeling so sorry for you. Maybe because you're a teacher you might find work elsewhere in your field? Sometimes there is a silver lining that we can quite see thru these dark clouds. Sending you hugs and good luck wishes.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics