need to get a little off my chest please

nhowe61
on 4/14/14 11:23 am

2 days before my surgery my sister past out and hit her head on the granite counter top we went to the
ER and they did xray and gave her tylenol and a low muscle relaxer.

two days after my surgery we rush my sisterr to the ER again. They did more xrays and a ct scan surprise her neck is broke will be in a brace for 3 month possibly more.at least they gave her some better meds.

now having said thaat my husband and i moved here to help with her since she has parkinson's.we have a apartment on the lower floor of the house she owns and we pay her rent. Now since iv e had the surgery my nephew wants me to supervise the nursing staff and take care of her household.I'm only 2 weeks out from surgery and am exhausted.

Tonight i had a cheese and wine tasting planned for 20 people involved with my husbands company i catered it and the lunch meeting tomorrow. and no one understands why i'm hurt and tired. i think i'm loosing my mind :(

tomorrow staying in bed and resting after i get the staff busy on there stuff yuck.I think i need a vacay!!!!

thank you for allowing my to vent.

rvtisme
on 4/14/14 11:40 am
RNY on 12/16/13

I'm sure its tough having to care for someone else when your trying to heal. Try and take some time out so that you too get the needed rest. You should tell your nephew that your in the recovery process and cant afford to have complications at this time. As soon as your feeling up to it, you will be able to better help your sister.... just a suggestion.

hang in there.

Renee

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

nhowe61
on 4/14/14 12:39 pm

thank you i;m just tired is all and in pain. the cooking and set up for 2 business meals is hard at 10 days is all. my sister is like my mom she doesnt need this but we finally have 2 cna that are good so hopefully it will make it easier.

gabby169kitty
on 4/15/14 7:27 am

Good CNA's are worth their weight in gold. Tell the agency you want all the hours to be with those two as much as possible and minimize the number of other people coming in, it makes life much much easier and comfortable for everyone. (I do homecare myself). 

Tell the rest of the family you need a bit more help for the next week or two. It's not fair for them to heap all this stuff on you.

Surgery will be hopefully in October or November 2014, with Dr. Megan Gilmore

katekeeler
on 4/14/14 12:15 pm - Canada

You only get one chance to heal properly. Take it easy!

MyLady Heidi
on 4/14/14 12:28 pm

I won't say how this post makes you sound, but I will say you should be grateful for your second chance at life, since your sister has no such luck with Parkinson's and a broken neck.  I know hiring caterers is hard work you should probably go rest instead of typing on your computer.

nhowe61
on 4/14/14 12:45 pm
Cunning_Pam
on 4/14/14 1:09 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Please don't let this response stop you from posting here. Some people can make some pretty obnoxious comments, but the majority of people here are smart, well-informed, and kind. Just block her and she'll disappear like magic.

As far as your post, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this so soon after your surgery. I hope your family can step up and realize that while your sister needs a little more help at this time, so do you.

Best wishes!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

AnnyBananny
on 4/14/14 11:14 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

This might sound horrible, but thanks for the blocking tip. I hadn't noticed it was there and every time I saw a post from said person, I wanted to scream - so discouraging.

Blocking = positive vibes!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/14/14 9:01 pm

Heidi is known to put comments like that.  Most of us ignore that or call her on that.  

Hope you feel better. Right after my RNY I slept as much as my cat (well, maybe not as much.)  I had to rest every few hours for ast least 4-8 weeks.  You had a major surgery., takes your time.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 331 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?