Really Bad Nausea Please help if can

blueballoons
on 4/14/14 1:54 pm
RNY on 12/27/12

Hi. I am 1 year out of surgery and lately I have been getting really really nauseous . Its so bad i cant even sleep and I feel like im Going absolutely crazy . I can't even go to school . I make it to  school and just cant stay and come home. Im starting to think its a mental thing because I've seen my doctor already and she gave me prevacid and it doesn't work and they have also done an endoscopy and still nothing . Has anyone experienced this or have any advice. Ivd tried herbal stuff, ive taken nitizidine, prevacid, prolisec, reglan, peptmo bismol. I don't know what else to do anymore

MickeyDee
on 4/14/14 2:14 pm

Nausea is one of the main symptoms of dehydration--are you getting all the water you need?  It's easy to let it slide.

Good luck.

angel91e
on 4/14/14 3:23 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

What helped me the most with my nausea was eliminating one food at a time from my diet until I was able to isolate what exactly it was that was causing me to get sick

hang in there!!!!

HW/217 1st apt/202 SW/191 CW/115

1st goal:140 @9months

2nd goal:130 @11months

3rd goal:115 @16months  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/14/14 4:00 pm - OH

First of all, it doesn't sound like your doctor is really giving you medications to treat the nausea.  Most of the drugs you listed are for treating excess acid and GERD, so if the nausea isn't caused by excess acid, those aren't going to help.  

There are dozens of anti-nausea meds (although some might make you a bit sleepy), and some work better than others for different people and for different causes of nausea. Compazine and Zofran are frequently prescribed for general nausea.  I would suggest asking your doctor to try something specifically for general nausea.

Do you still have your gallbladder?  Sometimes people experience a lot of nausea before they get any pain.

Nausea is, however, one of the common psychosomatic symptoms, so I think it is smart to at least consider the possibility that the nausea is psychological in origin. Often it is related to stress (getting sick to avoid stressful situations, people, responsibilities, etc.).  If there are significant stressors in your life right now, perhaps finding a counselor would be helpful.

i would start by explaining to your doctor how bad the nausea is, though, and asking to try something else for general nausea.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/14/14 9:10 pm, edited 4/15/14 1:28 am

I dealt with severe nausea for 4 months before we realised that my GB stopped working.  My GB was full of sludge (not stones).  I believe that my low fat diet after my RNY caused that. 

I had surgery to remove it, even now I get nausea.  Dehydration, food allergy, not very fresh food, some additives - all of that can cause nausea. I treat that now with bitters (health food store) or if I think food issues - I may drink 1-2 TBS of apple cider vinegar in 4 oz of warm water. Hot ginger tea 2-5 times a day works great...strong ginger tea

Hope you find a solution..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

blueballoons
on 4/15/14 7:32 am
RNY on 12/27/12

My dr keeps telling me its acid related and keeps telling me use the prevacid it will work which it obviously hasn't . I've had sonograms to check my gallbladder recently so thats not it . I'm probally going to go back and try to explain again that these medications arent working and see what she thinks. Thanks guys 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 419 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Forum Search Error & 404