Eating help

bdaycakegirl
on 4/15/14 3:43 am

I'm 2 weeks out today. Everything I list food wise is allowed on my plan. 

I feel hungry and eat easily without a sense if restriction. 

For dinner last night: 2.65 ounces broiled tilapia, 3 tablespoons mango salsa and 2 ounces canned carrots. Ate it all and wanted more. 

Another meal: 2 ounces deli shredded turkey with 1 light laughing cow cheese wedge melted on to and 2 ounces canned green beans. Same feeling as above. 

I drink two protein supplements a day and take in at least 80 ounces if water? Did I actually have surgery??? 

Thoughts? 

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

jefferytmc
on 4/15/14 4:09 am

You ate 3 oz of food and you are asking if you really had surgery?

I know early on it is difficult.  Some of the full indicators we had before do not work shortly after surgery.

But overeat one time and see the difference.  My experience was about 2 weeks in and I was eating grits.  And I ate them a bit too fast and all of a sudden I felt like I could not breathe.  I started hurting just below my rib cage.  I went to the front porch because I started getting the salty saliva that precedes vomiting.  

Next thing I know I am spewing all over the bushes.  I felt much better but learned my lesson.

You had surgery, and it will not be long before you realize how much has changed.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

bdaycakegirl
on 4/17/14 1:05 pm

You are right. Rereading this post, I sound ridiculous. I am feeling much so much better the last couple days and believe my hunger was hormonal.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

jenorama
on 4/15/14 4:23 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I know the feeling!  You're eating along and everything is going fine...until one time it won't.  You're doing fine sticking to your plan and measuring your foods.  Don't let your head play games with you.  I'm only 6 months out and I actually feel like my restriction has increased a bit lately, but I definitely remember the days when it seemed like I eat way more than I expected to be able to.

Take it slow and pay attention to your body's signals and you'll do fine.  :D

Jen

karenp8
on 4/15/14 6:30 am - Brighton, IL

I wondered the same thing when I had my surgery. At first you won't have a full feeling because your nerves have been cut. That is why measuring your food is so important so you don't overeat. As time goes on though you will hit that place where you eat one bite too much and get a terrible pain by your breast bone and then you will KNOW that you had surgery!

Gwen M.
on 4/15/14 6:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Your nerves were severed in your stomach and it is still healing. Right now, it is a lying liar that lies. Don't trust it to tell you when you're full or hungry. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics