7 Days post op and frustrated

MichellesJourney
on 4/16/14 1:20 am
RNY on 04/09/14

Hi All,

I am 7 days post op and doing well.  I am following my doctors orders to the T.  Very frustrated at the fact that I went in to surgery at 261 lbs and left the hospital at 271.  Today I am 263, just feeling frustrated that after a week I am still not at surgery weight.  Thanks for listening.  

Ocalasam
on 4/16/14 1:26 am
RNY on 12/18/12

It just takes a little while for your body to adjust.  They really pump you full of fluids and your body is freaking out also from such a drastic calorie reduction and major surgery to recover from.  If you continue to follow your plan, there's no way that you can't lose weight - it's pretty much foolproof!  Don't get stressed out  . . . there will be lots of stalls and plateaus on this journey.  I started out as a "slow" loser, but in the end, I am now under my goal.  Hang in there!

RRach
on 4/16/14 1:29 am

From everything I have read on these boards, that is normal for most. I know it sucks but the good news is once you are healed.. the weight will start melting off. Just remember to follow doctor's orders. :)

Good luck!! and HANG IN THERE!! :)

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/16/14 1:30 am
RNY on 12/18/13

It's just the IV fluids you got while you were in the hospital, and it WILL go away. Honest! Stay on your plan, keep drinking and walking as much as you can. It will get better, sometimes it takes people a little while to get rid of all the fluids is all.

Deep breath! You're doing great, and you'll be losing soon, don't fret!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

MichellesJourney
on 4/16/14 1:45 am
RNY on 04/09/14

Thank you, I needed to hear that :).  I will keep doing what I am doing 

sv_newbegin
on 4/16/14 3:57 am - NJ

Yes everyone's body goes through different changes. Hang in there. I am three weeks post op VSG, lost first week after surgery and now I am at the 3 week stall. Thanks to this site and everyone's posts I know that I am not alone and yes you will start to see results. Stick to the plan. It will get better. Believe me at first I felt the same way and freaked out a little with all of my body changes, pain, not eating but I know it will be all worthwhile in the long run.

Congrats on your surgery.

karenp8
on 4/16/14 2:09 am - Brighton, IL

I got extra IVs after surgery and left the hospital 17 pounds heavier. The more you can drink the quicker the fluids will leave,so make sure to get your fluids in. Take a deep breath and follow your plan. The surgery will work,I promise!

healthycarolina
on 4/16/14 4:23 am
RNY on 11/18/13

I know it is hard, but try to think logically.  You know that based on what your are  "drinking" that you will lose weight.  All you can do is follow the plan, and your body will eventually kick in and you will start losing.  I gained weight in the hospital too.  It took me about two weeks to start losing.

Wanda

MichellesJourney
on 4/16/14 6:42 am
RNY on 04/09/14

I appreciate all of you.  Thanks for the positive words. 

southernpeachnc
on 4/16/14 11:34 am

My pre-surgery class warned about the fluids from the surgery and I didn't weight myself until 3 wks after.  Glad I did but.... I went into a stall 4wks postop that lasted 7 weeks!  I'm just mentioning it as you will likely have a stall from time to time per my NUT. It's very frustrating but I wish you the best!

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 563 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 338 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 369 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 8 views