2 week post-op....lovin it!!!

MaryAnn1972
on 4/16/14 10:35 am

Had my 2 week post op appointment today...I am officially down 17.8 lbs!!!!  Even with the few meltdowns I have had...seeing that reminds me of where I am headed!! Hoping you are all well!! Oh and before I forget...can we have sugar free gum??? Forgot to ask my NUT that today....I think my head was in the clouds!!! Lol

Mary :)

southernpeachnc
on 4/16/14 11:01 am

Darlin' you should just be soooo... proud of yourself!!!!     

I've never asked but there shouldn't be a problem with the gum.

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Lilrebel
on 4/16/14 12:13 pm

Anything you can suggest that is a must have for the first few weeks?

MaryAnn1972
on 4/16/14 11:18 pm

As far as any must haves....hmmmm...I havent needed much. I did take some gas x but I didnt need to much cause I walked and walked. I am really liking sugar free popsicles also...something different and it helps with liquid intake. I also got some caffeine free camomile tea...really liking the hot liquid and its calming. I miss food alot and I also have the PB2 which is powdered peanut butter. I am a peanut butter lover and this is much healthier so when ai have a craving...ai make a little and slowly lick it off the spoon. I am a pretty simple person so honestly I havent needed much but those were my pleasures :)....hope all goes well for you!!!

Catie780
on 4/16/14 12:18 pm

Yeah for you. Be aware of the three week slow down that lots of us meet. Don't let is get you down if it happens .

as for gum I was told its a no no. First- it's possible to swallow and get the gum stock. Second- the chewing gets digestive enzymes going and that's not helpful if no food needs to be broken down.  For me I didn't want any extra oral stimulation that may bring on other needs for oral stim 

but as with all things on this site - check with your surgeon and his / her staff. 

Pall the best !!

JJ0609
on 4/16/14 10:35 pm

You have done great! You should be boasting. I want to prepare you for the potential dreaded three week stall. That occurs at the three week mark. Hopefully it will not last long if you keep your proteins and water up and exercise more intensely. A lot of people get discouraged and panic or get depressed. Just remember how much you have lost and how quickly you lost it. Your body needs time to reset. It will start back. Stalls are part of losing and occur periodically unfortunately.     

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Cunning_Pam
on 4/16/14 10:41 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Good for you! It's great to see someone who's only a little ways out, yet is feeling positive. Just think about how things will be going for you from now on, just better and better. Congrats!

Oh, and gum is generally considered off limits by most plans, for a couple of reasons. I just wouldn't mess with it, to be honest. If you feel you need something to help with breath issues or a bad taste in your mouth, sugar-free mints are a much better choice.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

MaryAnn1972
on 4/16/14 11:12 pm

Thank you all so much for the encouragement and advice!! I am glad I asked about the gum before trying it. I know about the dreaded "stall" and of course not looking forward to it...but like you all said it will be temporary. I am glad I have all of you to vent...talk...share everything with. You all know what I am going through and that makes this journey much more bearable!!!!

Kimberly K.
on 4/17/14 12:19 pm
RNY on 03/21/14

Congrats! You are doing great. I will be 4 weeks out on Monday so I am pretty new too. Nice to hear from you here! According to my plan the gum is a no no. Danger is swallowing it so I say why risk it, right?

Kim K.    

Lori W.
on 4/18/14 11:45 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

I've been told by NUT, 1)not to use a straw; 2)no gum. They cause too much air to be swallowed.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 12 replies · 69 views
Recent Topics