So devastated no surgery :(

christinamudd
on 4/17/14 9:05 am

I woke up after going under to get told I didn't get the surgery done and only had a hernia repaired.  He said it would have been too dangerous because I was already under anesthesia for 2 1/2 hours.  I talked to my doctor today and he said it would take 3-4 months to heal from this surgery.  I have a "thick abdominal wall" and i need to lose more weight.  I cried a bunch of times!  I need some encouragement!  I'm not worried about losing more weight because the liquid diet wasn't too hard but I am so devastated I have to wait 3-4 months!  

HW: 407  CW: 359 - RNY 02/18/15

Marilyn101
on 4/17/14 9:20 am - FL

I am sorry you will have to wait a few more month, but remember this is about your health. f your doctor feels that this is the best thing for you in order for you to have a safe and successful procedure than It is for the best. Try to stay positive I know it takes allot to prepare for the decision to have this procedure but again this is abut your health. Lose more weight get ready and in few months you will have a very successful procedure.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 9:36 am
RNY on 12/18/13

That must be so disappointing for you, I can't imagine! I'm so sorry, hon. You have every right to feel terrible about this. Go ahead and give yourself permission to be upset, hell, cry all you want for a couple of days if you want to! But after that, please turn your thoughts toward the future!

3 to 4 months isn't that bad, you can do it! You've already lost some weight, and that's good. Now you have the opportunity to lose a little more and get yourself even healthier, so you will have the probability of a better surgical outcome. You can keep working with your surgeon's office during this period to maintain your current loss and lose even more, and your next surgery day will be here before you know it. Get yourself a big wall calendar and start crossing those days off! And come here whenever you need a boost.

You got this, a little setback can't stop you! /hug

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

MichellesJourney
on 4/17/14 10:39 am
RNY on 04/09/14

I am so sorry...Lots of hugs to you.  3-4 months goes by really fast and before you know it  you will be back in surgery.  Lots of hugs!!!

nhowe61
on 4/17/14 12:58 pm

Im so sorry you werent able to have the surgery but having had the hernia and the bypass surgery together believe me i wish i had them seperately. I am in alot of pain and 9cuts. I hope by doing it seperately you wont have as much compications as i'm having. i was under 4 hours while they did them then  had to be on oxygen for 2 days to help with getting the meds out of my lungs. With any luck luck you will heal fast and maybe able to move the surgery up. i will add you to my prayer chain. good luck

tdbull
on 4/17/14 1:42 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I understand how devastated you must be, but 3-4 months will fly by and you'll be on the losers bench. Keep your spirits up.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Karen R.
on 4/17/14 3:25 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

I'm so sorry you have to suffer through this start/stop tease.  But as others have mentioned, this is about your health and what's good for you long-term.  Yes, you'll probably feel like a kid counting down the days till Christmas as the 3-4 months go by.  Try not to fixate on it.  Prepare for your surgery, visit us all here and feel confident, knowing next time it's going to be the real deal.  You can do this!  Everyone on the boards will help you through it.  Hang in there.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Katy214
on 4/17/14 8:27 pm
RNY on 02/18/14

My husband had a somewhat similar experience, the surgeon did the rny surgery during which he discovered an unusual intestinal malrotation, and had to then undo it because his bowel became ischemic, so he woke up and we had to tell him he didn't have 'the surgery' he went in to recover well and four months later had a vsg and has done spectacularly and lost 145 pounds! But it was very disappointing at first. I'm just glad the doc saw there was a problem and he's healthy! We hire the doctors based on our ability to trust them to make the right decisions. Good luck. Heal well and four months will be here before you know it!

christinamudd
on 4/18/14 8:10 am

I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone for the uplifting comments.  I am sure the 4 months will go by very quickly.  I just really wasn't expecting two surgeries and to have to take two separate times off.  And I am glad I didn't buy the tickets for my cruise I was planning to take because I will have to put that off.  I will just focus on losing weight and stick to my liquid diet since I've been very successful on it.  Thank you for all of your understanding.  

Katy, I'm so glad your husband is better and had the surgery later.  I just find it amazing we have to do a chest x-ray, upper gi and all of these tests and they still get surprised.  I am sure this time will go by very fast and I will hopefully lose weight while Im waiting.  thank you so much everyone :) 

HW: 407  CW: 359 - RNY 02/18/15

JJ0609
on 4/17/14 11:21 pm

Oh my goodness! You are devastated right now I am sure! I am so sorry for you. But please see this as your doctor looking out for your well-being. He took an oath to do that. When you step back from the situation and look at it, you will see that he did what was best for you.

Take this time to heal and begin exercising by walking and doing leg and arm raises and circles in the bed. You can do that while healing. That way you can build up your strength too. Time will pass and you will be stronger going into surgery this next time. Good luck!   

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 245 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views