What's on the menu RNYers?

JJ0609
on 4/17/14 9:53 pm, edited 4/17/14 10:41 pm

Good Morning everyone! I was craving something sweet so I had some jelly flavored coffee. It is good! Yummy! On a more serious note: I wanted to let you know I made some phone calls to my church and to the animal shelter near my home. I plan on making a couple of stops next week to the library and community center to set up some times that I can read to the children during story hour and to volunteer with shelving books. I also reached out to one of my friends via text about possibly getting together for breakfast next week.

Thanks for the wonderful support and great ideas. I really appreciate it. Please share your menus as they may inspire someone!

Love,

Sara

Friday, April 18, 2014

8am Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Quest Nutrition - Double Chocolate Chunk, 1 bar 160 25 6 20 250 1  
Nice! - Purified Water - 16.9oz Bottle, 50.7 oz/500ml 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Milo's Tea (Splenda) - Milo's Tea (Splenda - No Calorie), 16 oz 0 0 0 0 20 0  
Clover Valley - Zero Calorie Sweetner, 3 Packet 0 3 0 0 0 3  
Coffeemate 1-tsp - Powdered Creamer, 6 tsp 60 6 3 0 0 0  
Dunkin' Donuts - Jelly Donut Flavored Coffee, 12 oz 4 0 0 0 0 0  
224 34 9 20 270 4  
11:30 am Lunch
Smart Ones - Steak Fajitas, 1 Tray 300 44 7 16 650 3  
Milo's Tea (Splenda) - Milo's Tea (Splenda - No Calorie), 16 oz 0 0 0 0 20 0  
Nice! - Purified Water - 16.9oz Bottle, 50.7 oz/500ml 0 0 0 0 0 0  
300 44 7 16 670 3  
2 pm Snack
Starkist Tuna Creations - Lemon Pepper, 74 g 80 1 1 18 340 0  
80 1 1 18 340 0  
4:45 pm Dinner
Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, 4 oz. 200 5 9 26 510 1  
200 5 9 26 510 1  
6 pm Snack
Starkist Tuna Creations - Sweet and Spicy Tuna Packet, 2.6 oz 90 4 1 16 380 4  
90 4 1 16 380 4  
Vitamins
Rexall - Ferrous Sulfate Iron 28mg, 1 tablet 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Equate - Complete Multivitamin Women 50+, 1 pill 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Citracal - Calcium Citrate +D3 Petites, 2 tablets 0 0 0 0 5 0  
Rexall - Vitamin C 500 Mg With Rose Hips, 2 Tablet 0 0 0 0 0 0  
0 0 0 0 5 0  

Totals 894 88 27 96 2,175 12  
Your Daily Goal 900 68 30 90 2,300 45  
Remaining 6 -20 3 -6 125 33  
  Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 11:00 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Good morning, Sara. I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today and taking some steps based on your post yesterday. I'm confident you'll find something to satisfy the needs you're feeling lately. Good for you for taking charge of your life in this way!

Nothing special planned today. Need to go to my MIL's to swap out two of her cable boxes, have to go shopping for a new outfit as the wife of an old friend of my husband's will be in town next week and we're meeting up with her for dinner Tuesday, and have a couple of errands to run. Hope you all are enjoying your Friday!

Vitamins: The usual start, done.

Water: Trying to up it a bit more than usual today, shooting for 120 ounces.

Exercise: I WILL get on that treadmill today! I WILL!

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Bacon - Fully Cooked Thick Sliced, 1 slices 140 0 12 5 420 0  
Dannon Light & Fit Greek Nonfat Yogurt - Strawberry, 1 container (5.3oz/150g) 80 8 0 12 55 6  
Manitoba Harvest - Organic Hemp Hearts, 0.5 Tbs, 30 g 28 0 2 2 0 0  
Jay Robb's - Whey Protein, Vanilla, 6 g 22 0 0 5 30 0  
  270 8 14 24 505 6  
Lunch
Starkist Tuna Creations - Lemon Pepper, 1 container (185 gs ea.) 200 3 1 45 850 0  
  200 3 1 45 850 0  
Dinner
Egg - Hard Boiled - Large, 1 Egg 70 1 5 6 62 1  
Hellmans - Mayonnaise, 0.5 Table spoon 15 g 20 1 2 0 0 0  
  90 2 7 6 62 1  
Snacks
Jay Robb's - Whey Protein, Vanilla, 30 g 110 1 0 25 150 0  
Blue Diamond - Original Unsweetened Almond Milk, Refrigerated , 1 cup (240 ml) 30 1 3 1 180 0  
  140 2 3 26 330 0  

Totals 700 15 25 101 1,747 7  
Your Daily Goal 800 30 36 90 2,000 20

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

AnnyBananny
on 4/17/14 11:44 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Sara! That's amazing! I love that you're exploring your options, be careful not to jump into too many things too quickly, but finding out what's out there is fantastic.

(On a side note, I'm a children's librarian, and I often have generous, loving folks want to volunteer reading to children - but that isn't actually the type of help we need - so don't be disappointed if that isn't an opportunity available. But putting away books - now that is what every librarian needs and might be great for you. It takes lots of concentration to do properly so it really keeps your mind from wandering.)

Today is my 1-month surgiversary! I'm exactly 20 pounds down from surgery and 45 total. WOW! What a difference a month makes

B: 1/3 cup cottage cheese

S: 8oz Lemon Tea Nectar protein shake

L: 1/4 cup chicken salad, 1oz of my mama's unsweetened apple sauce

S: 8oz Roadside Lemonade Nectar protein shake

D: not sure yet but I think a little omelette made with 1/3 cup EggBeaters, 1 tablespoon LF shredded cheese, and chives from my little herb garden

S: 8oz Chocolate Truffle Nectar Sweets protein shake made with unsweetened almond milk

V: on track (yesterday I missed a calcium and I was devastated LOL) 

W: always hard for me - working on it!

E: does schlepping all over the grocery store after work count?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Daisydoo02
on 4/18/14 12:30 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning JJ (Sara), thanks for starting the post!!  I am so so so so PROUD of you for being proactive and following up on some of the posters suggestions. I really really hope it works out for you.  Do you have any pets?  If no have you thought of getting a cat or a dog.  I have no children but have two dogs and I can't begin to tell you the companionship they provide me.  I don't know what I would do without them. They motivate me when I am not in the mood for exercise and they cuddle with me when I cry and they always listening to me when I need to ***** and vent.  Obviously I am pro dogs but maybe you could look at being a foster parent to a dog/s and or cat/s while they wait for their forever homes.  Just a thought.  I personally love reading and I think volunteering to read to kids is beyond awesome! I meant to reply to your other post and forgot to suggest since you do belong to church do they have activities that you would be interested in? My in laws are very devout Christians and when my father in law passed away a few years ago my mother in law was quite devastated, her husband did everything for her and now she was on her own, she was quite lost.  She turned to her Church and now as an 70 plus year old lady she is busy like you would not believe with her Church activities. She does knitting of blankets and quilts for needy/low income families, she helps with Church with food/pot lucks when there is a funeral or wake, she is there helping make the finger sandwiches/salads, they have a painting class (she loves to paint) and she has made quite a lot of little knick knacks for her home.  I could go on and on but the point is the love and support she got through her Church is amazing. She is busy now and has things to look forward too.  And my mother in law is a very, very shy woman, English is not her first language and she never went anywhere without her husband before so if she can do it I know you can to!!  I wish you the best of luck on this journey.  

I just want to add that its wonderful that you texted your friend to set up plans. You know sometimes people don't realize we are suffering because we put a smile on our faces and "pretend" all is well and so they figure "Oh that person if fine, she is always happy, always smiling" and meanwhile we are suffering in silence.  So I really hope that works out and you have a great time with your friend/s.

I am home today from work for the stat holiday, my hubby has to work today (BLAH!!) so I am going to take the dogs for a walk and then get to some serious house cleaning. Lots of dog hair here they are doing their Spring shed!!  Tomorrow hubby and I are doing yard work then he is off to a baseball practice and I am going to take the dogs for a hike at the park he will be at then we are having a "date night" and going out together to a nice restaurant.  Sunday is Easter dinner at my parents.  

Figured out last night my pouch is not a big fan of ground beef. We had home made burritos and its not that it hurt but just left really heavy.  So far chicken is the best, followed by pork and I have not tried Steak yet so not sure how the pouch feels about that.  While grocery shopping tomorrow I am going to pick up some firm tofu to try some new recipes.

Just wanted to mention a personal NSV (its a NSV to me).  All the stores have their Easter Chocolate and goodies out in full force.  Pre surgery I would have ate the Cadbury Easter Creme eggs by the basket full until I got sick, I loved those things!  Now the thought of eating one of those (or chocolate in general) turns my stomach.  I am so over sweets and chocolate. That's huge for me as a pre surgery I was a sugar/chocolate addict!!  

5.5 months post of RNY

B: one black coffee with one Splenda and one cup of unsweetened Almond milk and two scoops of chocolate protein powder

L: 3 oz of left over bbq grilled chicken and 1/4 cup of leftover bbq grilled bell pepper

S: one Swiss babybel and one hard boiled egg with salt & pepper

D: 2oz of bbq grilled spicy Italian pork sausage and 1/4 cup of sweet peas

S: one Swiss babybel and one hard boiled egg with salt & pepper

Stats:  797 calories  17 carbs  94 protein

Vitamins: 2 multi, one B12, one Fermax Iron done, alarms set for calcium & D rest of the day

Exercise: one hour walk with the dogs and tons of housework 

Water: not a problem but want to get more in so need to get my big water bottle out

Have a great day everyone!

Daisy

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

karenp8
on 4/18/14 1:25 am - Brighton, IL

Way to go JJ. I'm sure your help will be very appreciated. I am in charge of our town's food pantry and can always use good help! Beautiful day today in Illinois. B 1/2 c steel cut oats with but mix and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L 1/2 c chicken salad and 1/2 c broccoli with cheese S apple with peanut butter D 3-4 Oz's tilapia and 1/2 c roasted veggies S 3/4 c Greek yogurt with nuts. On track with vitamins and water. Exercise 30 minutes on treadmill(2.111 miles) and 20 minutes on the bike. Also 200 crunches before bed. Have a great Friday everyone!

Candy V.
on 4/18/14 6:07 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Hey guys :)  Been MIA this past week.  I started a new job!  My schedule is all messed up.  I actually dropped a pound the first day there cause I hardly ate.  Since then I have  been having yogurt and a protein shake for breakfast, a few snacks for before and after lunch and eating dinner with the family. 

I am now back up to my standard 130 pounds.  NEVER thought that working would cause me to start losing again.  I have been stable at 130 (BMI 22.6) since last fall.   BUT I have not worked since then.   I never made the connection between staying at home and hitting a stable weight.  I am comfortable here so I will try to maintain.  I just need to remember to eat my snacks and take my vitamins.  I am there from 7-430, but I start at 730 so I have time for my breakfast before clocking in. 

Time passed since surgery: 19 months

Breakfast: 3 c coffee with sf creamer & splenda, watermelon

snack  chicken and dumplings

Lunch:  Hunters sausage 7 g with LC cheese wedge 2.5 g few wheat thins

Dinner: Ham, corn on cobb

Snacks: Syntrax Nectar protein lemon tea 23g

Exercise/vitamins/water: laundry in the basement and housekeeping /vitamins 2 batches done, 2 to go

2- 20 oz bottles of water, 20 oz protein shake and 36 oz of coffee

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

SandraF0823
on 4/18/14 6:24 am - CA
RNY on 12/30/13

Hi everyone!

Today is the last day for my meatballs, so maybe next week I will have some variety.:-)

B: premier protein shake

S: lemon tea syntrax nectar

L: 3 chicken meatballs &  1/2 cup marinera

S: either an apple or a quest protein bar

D: spaghetti squash & marinera sauce

V: only iron left

W: 40 oz so far

E: going to Curves after work.

You know what I find imaging? How I think about what I am eating so differently now. For example, I was looking at MyFitnessPal after I entered my lunch. I have already eaten 480 calories. I thought to myself, whoa my calories are already really high. I better not eat too many calories for the rest of the day (although in those 480 calories I have already had 71 g protein). Before WLS if I had 1 meal with 480 calories I thought I was doing great!

Sandra

Dcgirl
on 4/18/14 8:50 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Sara-thanks for posting! You're volunteer plans are awesome! And thanks to everyone else for posting :) I just spent the day here in NYC (9,000 steps in so far-not bad considering we didn't get here until 1 pm and then went to a 2 hour lunch!) and I love seeing what you all are up to and what you're eating. Daisy-your post made me realize I've not craved sweets either! Hmmm

My menu is ok considering in traveling. Not amazing but ok. 

B: maybe 2 Oz of chicken leftover from dinner last night before hitting the toad

l: guacamole (on a fork, not chips!) and then the mahi mahi (grilled) out of 3 fish tacos

s: decaf americano yummy!

d: I'm going to an Indian restaurant so I will have tandoori chicken I think-no high carb sauce!

v: on track shockingly!

w: probably around 40 Oz. Have to work on that.

my totals will likely be 60 g of protein at the most. Tomorrow we are doing brunch at 11:30 and dinner at 7 so I don't think my protein will be good at all. Sigh...

Happy weekend, all! Em

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views