im almost a year and a half out been stuck for 5 months

brazilnut4
on 4/25/14 4:49 am - HAZEL PARK, MI

help been stuck for 5 months ,,and even gained a couple lbs lost 100 but cant seem to do more any suggestions would be great a bit depressed

jefferytmc
on 4/25/14 6:59 am

How much excess body weight did you have?

Are you measuring and weighing and tracking everything you eat?

What is your caloric consumption?

What are you doing in the way of exercising?

How much more do you want to lose?

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

Jen Lyn
on 4/26/14 7:42 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

I went to the nut Friday because she scheduled me before. I took a list of everything I ate. There were four things she said she would skip. Also, I found out there are way more calories in the restaurant version of tacos I had been eating because the cheese is super high in fat and calories.   I suggest keeping a food diary then asking your nut. They want you to succeed.

AnneGG
on 4/26/14 10:09 pm

So you're coming up against the great wonderland of maintenance that happens after the honeymoon period, the part where it isn't so much fun anymore, where the rubber hits the road and other than our small tummies, we're pretty much on our own again. I didn't have a terrific time with that transition phase at all- scared the bejeebers out of me that I wasn't going to be able to handle it and regain what I had lost. 

I think you are going to need to experiment to find out what works for you, because we are all different. I still go pretty much by the basics, and other than a small treat very occasionally, I avoid white carbs and sugar like the plague. I've learned to eat healthy, dense protein first, and still measure and log if I need to. I weigh daily to keep myself on track. I exercise by speed walking at least 2½ miles pretty much daily. I do my vitamins. I don't allow myself excuses, and I mean none. I'm pretty rigid with myself because I know me, and I don't do moderation well. And I'm far from perfect. I just try to pick myself up ASAP and keep learning.

I wi**** was easier, but it just isn't and won't be. I have gotten into a daily groove, which helps- I just do it now, one day at a time.

I wish for you determination and persistence!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 191 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?