One month post-op & back to work on Monday

dlang057
on 4/25/14 7:34 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Today is my one month surgiversary and I feel great!  I am down a total of 47lbs whi*****ludes my pre-op but have lost 26lbs since surgery.  I am heading back to work Monday and this weekend I am tasked with menu planning and figuring out what to wear!  I already know some pre-op clothing and shoes are fitting too loose so I will be seeing what I have buried in my closet.  I guess that is not such a bad thing LOL.

I think I will do better on my plan by returning to work (have struggled with water intake and vitamins).  I can set specific times for vitamins, eating and drinking more easier than being at home.   I tend to do better with structure in general so I am excited to be back on a schedule again.

At this juncture, beside the physical changes I've already experienced, I am most grateful for a clearer mental state.  I was so ashamed of what I had become and how far I had fallen.  But in this short time, I've regained confidence and now have a positive outlook on tomorrow. 

katekeeler
on 4/25/14 7:37 am - Canada

Great success! Good luck on Monday!!

Kimberly K.
on 4/25/14 10:31 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Sounds like you are doing really well. I totally get the mental clarity. Someone on here said it is clearing the carbs out of our body that does it. I believe that.  Best of luck going back to work. I was actually happy to get back. I was getting a little bored.

Kim K.    

nurl
on 4/25/14 9:08 pm
RNY on 05/14/13
Good luck Monday

MrsD68
on 4/25/14 9:42 pm

I thought I was the only one who felt ashamed for "what I let happen to me".. I USED to work out, was in reasonably decent shape.. but somehow over the past 7 years.. things took their toll.. BUT I am on my way back. I am going back to work May 13th, I also took 4 weeks. I needed to be sure my energy level was back enough to deal with a busy TCU.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 112 views
Forum Search Error & 404