Celtie's having another surgery!

CelticSoul
on 4/26/14 6:10 am

OH folks,

Going to have diagnostic lap and gastrostomy tube placed on Monday.  I'm so scared.  Has anyone else had to have a gastro tube placed for additional

nourishment? 

Celtie

Cunning_Pam
on 4/26/14 6:24 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I don't have experience with that particular procedure, however I did want to wish you the very best results and a smooth recovery. I hope this helps with the many problems you've had.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

CelticSoul
on 4/26/14 6:26 am

Thank you, Pam....I appreciate your kind wishes.

Celtie

Kimberly K.
on 4/26/14 9:27 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Hi Celtie. I have never had one myself but I have taken care of plenty of people with one. It is a very simple device. Basically liquid food and water are just "poured in"  using an infusion pump or by gravity. Medications can be crushed and put in there too if needed. It is easily reversible once you are taking in nutrition by mouth. I understand you are afraid but try not to be. Please keep us updated when you can. Thinking of you.

Kim K.    

CelticSoul
on 4/26/14 10:52 am

Thank you so much for the encouragement.

Celtie

Lori W.
on 4/26/14 1:13 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

Best wishes for smooth sailing for you!

CelticSoul
on 4/27/14 8:35 am

Thank you so much, Lori, for the good wishes.  It's so encouraging to have people behind you in tough times.

Hope all is well with you. 

Regards,

Celtie

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/14 4:51 pm
RNY on 02/18/14 with

Hi Celtie,

I currently have a g tube that was placed a month ago.  I was also scared before it was placed but it really has made a difference.  

Best wishes with your upcoming procedure.

JJ0609
on 4/26/14 10:19 pm

Celtie, glad you got some reassurances.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

CelticSoul
on 4/27/14 8:40 am

Dearest OH Friends,

Your well wishes and encouragement mean the world to me.  It's reassuring to know that there are folks out there that understand all the fears and

challenges.  I am grateful for each and every one of you and wish you all well on your unique journeys.

All the best and "see" you all in a few days,

Celtie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics