Normal or no?

Denise2200
on 4/26/14 11:07 am

Had my surgery 4/17, was released Easter Sunday.  I've still been having a lot of pain all across my abdomen.  Right now, my biggest problem is right in front. I have this one incision site in the middle in the front.  It is hard underneath and the immediate surrounding area underneath.  Is this normal?  That incision also is kinda reddish around it on the outside.  May have to go  back into surgeon's office Tuesday, but in the meantime, should I be worried about this continued pain?  I'm very uncomfortable.  I am wearing an adominal support band, which seems to help a little, but I'm just pretty much miserable!  Please help!

AnnyBananny
on 4/26/14 11:25 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I was still in pain for sure 10-day mark. Not anything like the first few days, but still pretty sore. I also noticed that my incisions were a little hard/bumpy and was sure it was a hernia or something, but my visiting nurse assured me it was just swelling. 

Now of course I can't say anything for sure as far as your particular situation - but it sounds in the range of normal to me!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Denise2200
on 4/26/14 11:46 am

Thank you, that makes me feel better....at least until I can call my surgeon's office Monday.

dee317
on 4/26/14 11:55 am

I noticed some bumps at incision sites as well after mine and they are gone. I'm almost 10 wks out. 

Buckets
on 4/26/14 12:43 pm - Southwest, IA
RNY on 04/16/14

I had surgery the day before you.  I am no longer taking narcotic pain pills but still have considerable pain sometimes (not always though).   I also have a couple of incisions that are redder and hard compared to the others.  Hope this is reassuring to you that your problems might be normal.   Don't hesitate to see your surgeon if needed however.

VBG in 1987:  HW 267      Recent HW:  242  SW 196 Revision to RNY on April 16, 2014.

basilmk
on 4/26/14 1:34 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

I also had problems with the two incisions in front, primarly because they were both right where my waistband****  

Both of these stayed open far longer than the others. My surgeon's office had me pat these areas gently with peroxide and to expose them to air as much as possible. After I started this, they healed very quickly!

Good luck!

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

MichellesJourney
on 4/27/14 1:15 am
RNY on 04/09/14

My incisions are hard as well. It's just scar tissue. Thats what my surgeon told me.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics