Bounce-back...

aesposito
on 4/27/14 11:06 am, edited 4/27/14 11:07 am

Changed my signature line today officially... I have been watching my weight rise a bit over the winter and it seems to have settled for the past month or two around 155-160. 

My eating habits haven't changed much 2.5 years after surgery... still militant about carbs and sugar, still eat full-fat everything, still have two vices (wine and Diet Mountain Dew, although not mixed together LOL)... but I suspect it's a combination of the expected "bounce-back" everyone talks about and the longer-than-usual winter limiting my biking ability.

I looked too thin at 148 (cheekbones, ribs, etc are not attractive on me) so I am pretty happy at 158.  Considering my original goal was 180, that's not bad at all.  I am curious to see though if it goes back down as I start biking more... I don't really want it to, but the body does what the body does.

Just thought I'd toss that information out there, in case anyone was wondering about whether you bounce back a bit after reaching goal.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Laura in Texas
on 4/27/14 11:25 am

I gained 10 pounds around the 2 year mark. I believe it marked the end of my honeymoon period. I was eating around 2500/day at that point but had to cut back to my current 1700-2000 calories a day. I lost the 10 pounds and have maintained +/-3 since then.

If you are happy where you are, then don't worry about it. Just do not let it creep up any more than you want it to. I think too many of us put our head in the sand and do not acknowledge the weight gain until they have gained 50+ and then panic. It's easier to lose 10 than 50.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

aesposito
on 4/27/14 11:32 am

Hi Laura,

It's funny that we have always noticed we are the same height and started out the same weight... and now it appears our bounceback journey is a bit similar as well, LOL.  The only difference is your current weight... I looked like a malnourished troll at 148, I can't imagine what I would look like at 138, but you look so nice!

I am indeed happy where I am.  But there is a tiny voice in the back of my head reminding me to always be vigilant... and I am soooo glad the weather is finally starting to behave again, since I was able to walk or bike almost every day last week!

Audrey

Nickeliz
on 4/29/14 7:40 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13

I have a friend who does drink white wine wine and diet mountain dew together. He grew up in the deep south and proudly calls it his redneck cooler.

aesposito
on 4/29/14 9:48 am
On April 29, 2014 at 2:40 PM Pacific Time, Nickeliz wrote:

I have a friend who does drink white wine wine and diet mountain dew together. He grew up in the deep south and proudly calls it his redneck cooler.

Well now I have to try it!  Although I limit wine to weekends, so it will be a few days before I can report back...

Audrey

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views