Really strange yucky thing happening...anyone else??

melissa_musicjunkie
on 4/27/14 1:35 pm
RNY on 08/01/13

Ok...way too much info here, but I have to ask. Here's the deal. Twice this week I've gotten really sick really quickly. Let's preface this by saying that I usually have a BM every day or every other day; sometimes more than others. Let's also say that when I vomit, I've always had to dingle my uvula to actually puke...weak gag reflex, I guess. So anyway...here's the TMI. Twice this week I have been "on the pot" with a largish BM when all of a sudden I get nauseous, start salivating, sweating and then heaving and wrenching in the sink. This has never happened before and I have no idea what's going on. Both times it lasted only like 5 minutes and then I felt ok. I can't remember for sure but I think with both I had skipped a day of poop. Shortly after surgery, there were a few times that I felt super nauseous when using the bathroom, but I thought at the time that it was because I was straining and was still very freshly healing from surgery. Nothing else has changed in the last few days. So, yeah. Anyone?? Pleasant, I know...

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

dee317
on 4/27/14 11:01 pm

Can you remember if you were eating right before going to the bathroom? Just want to rule out it wasn't because you were eating too fast of something and that's why you vomited. Just checking all bases lol

melissa_musicjunkie
on 4/28/14 5:36 am
RNY on 08/01/13

Nope...both days I had had my morning yogurt about 4 hours prior and then a cup of coffee...very normal routine for me.

jazzycatz
on 4/27/14 11:55 pm - Joppa, MD

I've had something similiar. But mine was bad cramps, the BM, then while having the BM I would get the nausea, dry heaves, foamies (thats the saliva). Each time it happened I went back and realized I had eaten too much fat before the event.

It is a lovely experience, I agree.

melissa_musicjunkie
on 4/28/14 5:37 am
RNY on 08/01/13

I definitely had not had too much fat. I had had my yogurt about 4 hours prior and then a cup of coffee...my normal routine for mornings.

april89love
on 4/28/14 12:07 am - NC

I've had it happen a couple of times including pre-surgery. If I have a sudden bout of heavy stomach cramps it will happen. It's the only time I ever throw up.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 445 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404