Frozen dinners

angel91e
on 4/28/14 3:30 am
RNY on 01/15/14

I'm working fifteen hour days seven days a week as caregiver for a hospice program. While protein shakes help me stay on track I have been living on the darn things because I am exhausted and just fall into bed by the time I get home.  

So my question is has anybody tried any frozen dinners at all?  And if so which ones?  I'm needing something quick that is compatible with my new eating plan.

thanks in advance......

Angel

JJ0609
on 4/28/14 3:42 am

I am not sure how far out you are but I have tried Smart Ones by Weigh****chers and Lean Cuisine frozen dinners. You have to really watch the calorie to protein ratio though. I hope you find something you like. Good luck.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

ebtiger24
on 4/28/14 5:00 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I eat healthy choice, lean cuisine, smart ones, and Atkins. Though I most of the Atkins have more calories than I want. Like the other poster said look out for your protein to calorie ratio. I will not eat one that has anything less than 15 grams of protein. Most are in the 15-22 gram range and fall under 350 calories. 

jenorama
on 4/28/14 5:12 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I've done some of the frozens for lunch.  The Atkins ones are okay, but sometimes don't taste very good to me.  The problem I find with a lot of the Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines is they come with a starchy side--pasta or rice or potato--that I don't really need or want.  What I have found that's pretty good are the Lean Cuisine wrap and salad additions.  Those are designed for you to add to a tortilla or a salad and they are pretty much just meat, veggies and some sauce.  I look for 14g or more of protein and have just a bit of the sauce and it turns out pretty satisfying and easy to do when you're pressed for time.  :D

Jen

selhard
on 4/28/14 7:09 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

15 hour days...sure hope you are taking care of yourself and not at risk of caregiver-burnout?  I've tried frozen dinners and the one I bought again was Atkins crustless chicken pot pie. Not a frozen dinner, but something quick/easy is greek yogurt with finely chopped apple and walnuts mixed in sprinkled with cinnamon.  

angel91e
on 4/28/14 2:05 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

Thanks everyone that was all very useful info

HW/217 1st apt/202 SW/191 CW/115

1st goal:140 @9months

2nd goal:130 @11months

3rd goal:115 @16months  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?