emotional morning

tiffjomo
on 4/28/14 11:18 pm
RNY on 04/28/14

My rny was yesterday morning. I didn't get much sleep at all last night here in the . Once my husband woke up, I began getting very emotional. I was so worried he was getting tired of having to help me with everything. Nit once did he say that, but I am such an independent person it is hard feeling helpless. I broke down and started crying. For almost an hour, everything is making me blubber luke a baby. I am on celexa, could I possibly be absorbing differently in my new pouch. Did anyone else experience high emotions post operation?

The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength with in you! We can do this!

Ehbeagle
on 4/28/14 11:21 pm - Virginia beach, VA

I don't take meds, but I did notice that for a few months after surgery I was very emotional and moody.  Good luck

Cunning_Pam
on 4/28/14 11:29 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

You just had surgery yesterday, your body is (and will be, for a bit) in turmoil right now. It makes sense that your emotions are running high, Celexa or no. Give yourself a day or two before you feel like you're helpless! Let your hubby take care of things for a bit. If he had just had surgery, wouldn't you be taking care of him just like he's doing for you?

You'll be feeling better soon, and you won't be as helpless as you think you are. Give it a little time, keep sipping fluids as you can, and get your walking in. It gets much better!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

karenp8
on 4/28/14 11:39 pm - Brighton, IL

It is totally normal to be emotional now,after all,you just had major surgery. Even though the incisions are tiny,major work was done to your insides. You are still under the effects of anesthesia too. All as your body begins to lose weight you may find yourself moody due to the dumping of hormones that were stored in your fat into your bloodstream. Just know that it will get better. I spent lots of time my first month apologizing to my husband for my moods,but it was worth it in the end. He is my biggest cheerleader and tells his friends he feels like he has a new hot wife! Just hang in there it does get better! I started out weighing over 260 pounds and now weigh 120-123.

JJ0609
on 4/28/14 11:51 pm

Your body is reacting to the anesthesia and surgery not Celexa. You need to let be glad you have a husband to take care of you and let him take care of you. You need him to help you with some things! 

To make you feel better get up and move around! Walk, walk, walk! Show your independence that way by moving around. You are not expected to be Wonder Woman. You just had major surgery! Your body needs to recover and sleep but you need to move and work out the gas, too.  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

AnnyBananny
on 4/28/14 11:52 pm, edited 4/28/14 11:54 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hang in there, as the others have said, it's completely normal to be emotional at this point (and for a while post op).

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Lori W.
on 4/29/14 12:16 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

When I had my gallbladder out I woke up sobbing and laughing because I was sobbing. Side effect of anesthesia for me.

selhard
on 4/29/14 12:31 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

On hospital discharge day, one of the nurse's instructions was directed toward my husband.  He was told to be aware of a period of high emotions from the WLS patient.  My husband replied, "how will I know any difference?!"  ha ha

Tanya L.
on 4/29/14 2:30 am

LOL!

rvtisme
on 4/29/14 11:23 am
RNY on 12/16/13

This REALLY hit home with me, made my day. My husband would totally have said, so basicically, she's coming home the same.

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views