Brand new to forum.

Sandsweetpea
on 5/9/14 9:04 am

Just had my gastric bypass on 4/18/14.  I have lost 19 lbs so far.   Things are going well.  Walking just a 1/2 mile a day till post op appointment to get clearance to walk farther and start my power walks again.   My foods are pretty bland right now.  Sunday begins week 4 and I can add flaky broiled/grilled fish, soft cooked veggies, fruits w/o skin.  My biggest concern is I'm not a fish eater.  Any good recipes for haddock out there?

poet_kelly
on 5/9/14 7:05 pm - OH

If you don't like fish, you certainly don't have to eat it.  I'm a vegetarian so I certainly didn't eat any fish.  There are plenty of other sources of protein.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sandsweetpea
on 5/9/14 11:56 pm

Very true I don't have to eat the fish.  However, foods taste different after this procedure and I'm willing to try it again.  Therefore looking for any recipes out there.

Cunning_Pam
on 5/10/14 2:35 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on your weight loss so far! Haddock is a great fish, but I haven't seen it since moving to Texas 24 years ago, sadly. We don't even get it here in St. Louis apparently. But I don't see why you couldn't treat it like any other firm-fleshed, mild white fish. Look for recipes for tilapia, halibut, even cod.

My favorite way to prepare fish these days is baked. It's super easy and so tasty. Get a couple of fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each. Combine 1/4-1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley, 1/4 cup lemon zest, salt and pepper and 2-3 tbsps melted butter. Spread the mixture evenly over the fillets and bake in a 350 degree oven on a sprayed cookie sheet (use foil for easy cleanup) for 18 to 20 minutes, or until done. Serve with a squeeze of lemon or make a tartar sauce with Greek yogurt, sweet relish, chopped capers and dill.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Sandsweetpea
on 5/10/14 2:57 am

Thank you for the welcome!  I have no support group near me here in Watertown, NY and am really looking forward to this online one.  Thank you so much for the recipe!!!  Will have to give it a try!  

Cunning_Pam
on 5/10/14 3:05 am
RNY on 12/18/13

You're very welcome! I understand the no support group hassle, and I use this forum as my support group as well.

If you'd like ideas for things to eat, check out the daily "What's on the Menu RNYers?" thread in this forum. People post their day's menus and we talk about recipes and food, exercise, and daily activities. It's a great place to get some food inspiration and support.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics