Happy Mother's Day !

Healthyjourney
on 5/10/14 12:07 pm

I'm thinking of my Mom today. I lost her just over 4 years ago due to many health issues brought on by obesity. ...high blood pressure resulting in a stroke, diabetes and kidney failure. She was severely obese as long as I can remember. The last two years of her life were awful. After watching her suffer I knew I had to do something about my own obesity. I had RNY gastric bypass and have fortunately done very well. I have lost all the weight I needed to loose and am living a much healthier, happier life. I wish I would have known more about WLS many years ago so perhaps I could have helped her have it and save her life. But all I can do now is honor her memory by dedicating my web site to her memory in the hopes of helping others like her who may be considering WLS or those who have had it and may just need a little encouragement. I have a before and after page that I am hoping some of you reading this will go to in the near future to add your photos and a little about your personal weight loss journey as inspiration to others. There is a page on the site with this dedication to my Mom.

As I write my story and look back at my mother's life and how much she suffered both physically and emotionally because of her obesity. It makes me love and respect her even more. I want to DEDICATE this site to her memory in hopes of offering some help or comfort to others like her.

http://www.gastric-bypass-journey.com/before-and-after-gastr ic-bypass.html

By sharing your story it will hopefully help others like her.

Thank you and Happy,Healthy Mother's day to all Moms.

tdbull
on 5/10/14 12:34 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
What a beautiful story. Thank you for posting. I have also watched and am still watching my Mother suffer from obesity related issues. She could have had such a better quality of life had she known and decided to have WLS. It's scary to think of having major surgery, but it's very scary to watch how life passes us by because of obesity. Thank you for reminding us of this.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404