Cacium Citrate

browneyes65
on 5/10/14 3:30 pm - IN

Month four still can't swallow calcium petites they are small but fat. I can finally swallow my Multi because they are smaller but I did have a problem forever. I would like to take pills for the Calcium but I hate cutting them because they still get stuck. Are there any other ones I can take that are not chewable and are not real big.

JJ0609
on 5/10/14 9:02 pm, edited 5/11/14 6:08 am

Citrical Petites are the smallest ones I have found. The only other option that I know of is chewables.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

poet_kelly
on 5/10/14 9:04 pm - OH

No, that's not the only other option.  There are liquids and there are powders, like Upcal D.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

selhard
on 5/10/14 11:35 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

...not sure why you aren't interested in chewables, but I like the B-Advantage caramel-flavored 500 mg chewables... "candy" I look forward to.

LMB221B
on 5/11/14 12:24 am

Can't speak for the OP, but for me I was reluctant to buy the chewables because they were considerably more expensive. It wasn't until I almost choked on one of my petites that I broke down and paid $38 for a bag of Bariatric Advantage chews. 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 5/11/14 2:24 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I buy the Bariatric Advantage Calcium chews every month and I don't fret about the cost because I know I spent that much on crappy food before and I might as well enjoy my vitamins.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

SuzinDallas
on 5/11/14 10:23 am
On May 11, 2014 at 9:24 AM Pacific Time, Professor Sonja!!!! wrote:

I buy the Bariatric Advantage Calcium chews every month and I don't fret about the cost because I know I spent that much on crappy food before and I might as well enjoy my vitamins.  

I have to agree with this. After all these years, MY health is the priority here.  I'd rather buy the expensive things that I know will work than play with trial and error for several months.

I also had my Dr fill out a statement of medical necessity that says my vitamin, calcium and iron (I have to have an additional supplement since I was anaemic pre-op.  He was happy to. Although they didn't fuss about the ones I bought from him directly-he had a sale on Calcium Citrate tablets so I bought a few bottles so  I wonder if they really needed it, but I figure better safe than sorry.

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 5/11/14 10:29 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

If you ever tried the Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate chews you would love them.  It's like a piece of caramel.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

SuzinDallas
on 5/11/14 10:59 am

I'll probably get them next time.  At my pre-op class we got a nice sample pack of various Bariatric Advantage products. They're pretty good!!

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

BiggieSmalls
on 5/11/14 11:14 am

I agree with this bc I have switched to the caramel chews and they are soooo easy to manage and don't leave a weird aftertaste

HW: 278 SW: 273  CW: 198 GW: 170 surgery 3/3/14  bypass 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views