What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 5/11/14 9:17 pm, edited 5/11/14 9:22 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH friends! I'm back on US soil, and getting back into my routine.  I weighed in at 247 this morning which pretty much makes me ecstatic!  When I had surgery in December at 351, I wasn't sure if a goal of 170 was realistic and now I feel like I can revise it down to 150.  Mind you, these are arbitrary numbers.  But I lost 7 lbs while in Europe for 2 weeks and another 3 since I got back.  

Had a great weekend - saw my personal trainer on Friday and Saturday and went for a six mile hike yesterday.  Ummmm, this could not be more different than what my weekends used to look like, where I was tired and wanted to relax on the couch!

I have posted some pics from the trip below this post. Two are in a market in London and one is on the Trinity College campus in Dublin.

Time Since Surgery: 5 months on Friday

B: My Syntrax Matrix mint cookie shake made with unsweetened almond milk.  I finished the 2 lb tub this morning and a 5 lb tub is on it's way!  I don't know how plans can forbid protein shakes.  Without a breakfast of 30 g of protein, I would never make my numbers!

L: Team lunch at Nando's peri-peri chicken.  I will have half of a butterflied chicken breast with hot sauce on it

S: After almost passing out at the gym on Sat, I have decided with such intense workouts I have to stop obsessing over staying at 700 calories.  So I brought 2 oz of Boar's head deli turkey and 1 oz of cheese for a snack

D: TBD - going out.  This week I have way too many social obligations so I am going to have to be extra vigilant about staying on track

E: Gym after work.  I am taking a coworker with me!  She is excited

V: On it now

W: Not a problem

ETA: Calories without dinner are 587, 10 g carbs, 74 g protein! 

What's on your menu today, and how was your Mother's Day for those of you who are a mother or spent time with your mother?  Em :)

AnnyBananny
on 5/11/14 10:44 pm, edited 5/11/14 11:04 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, Em, it looks like the others are getting a later started than normal for a week day morning! It was a lovely and jammed packed weekend here and I have to admit I'm feeling pretty exhausted this morning - though I did meet my colleague for our walk at the track, so I do love being more than halfway to my step goal before I even have breakfast!

My parents' and I had a lovely walk on a local Rails to Trails trail yesterday, here's a selfie of us (PS. I like seeing more pictures on the post, I feel like I get to know everyone more!)

Your pictures are awesome - and look at you rockin' those bring pink pants - love those! 7 pounds down while traveling?! A-ma-zing! Keep it up.

Time since surgery: 7 weeks

B: 2oz greek yogurt, 1 string cheese

S: 12oz Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

L: 2 oz Ricotta Bake (still have a few more servings in my freezer that I'm trying to eat through), 2oz steamed carrots

D: 2oz egg beaters, 1oz turkey sausage crumbles, .5oz shredded cheese

TOTALS: Calories 615, Fat 13.5, Carbs 16.5, Protein 107.2

W: am walk gives me a nice jump start

V: started

E: walked 2 miles this morning, think I'll hit the gym after work too

I've been doing all my tracking using my FitBit dashboard, but I'm considering getting on the MFP bandwagon. It seems to have a lot more functionality than the FitBit dashboard does...perhaps I'll procrastinate a bit at work today and explore it a little more LOL.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 5/12/14 1:39 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Anny!  OMG love the family selfie :)  How thrilled are your parents that you want to hike on Mother's Day?  My mom is itching to visit - she sees my pics on FB and wants to see me in person :)  So glad you enjoyed the weekend, and kudos to you for getting up and walking 2 miles despite being exhausted.  I LOVE MFP - I track all of my food there, and just use FitBit to track my steps/miles.

I also love the pink pants - and today I am wearing the black ones - have gotten quite a few compliments and of course they don't have any more.  I am in a size 18 today though which feels really. freaking. good. 

Go procrastinate and sign up for MFP and request me as a friend "eawilson21" :)

AnnyBananny
on 5/12/14 6:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Em, I don't know if I'm not as smart as MFP or what, but I can't seem to find you to add as a friend! Could you try me? My username is AnnyBananny1.

Kimberly K.
on 5/11/14 11:20 pm
RNY on 03/21/14

Hi Emily! Welcome home to you! Can I just say how amazing it is that you lost 7lbs while you were away? No complaining from the rest of us when we travel now. You have set the bar high and we need that! Your exercise routine is killer, too. I have been struggling with a knee issue that finally seems to be easing up. It is an old injury that flared up but I walked and gardened this weekend and was pain free! NOW to join that gym. I am off today so going there to sign up, Yay! You look amazing in your pictures, Em. Have a great day everyone! Here's my menu. The breakfast I have is a new favorite of mine. I sautee the vegetable in a pan sprayed with pam and put the egg on top. Yummy!

Foods Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber
Breakfast
Cherry Tomatoes - (Generic), 3 tomatoes 18 3g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 2g 0g
Spinach - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 0.1 cup 4 1g 0g 1g 0mg 13mg 0g 0g
Turkey Sausage Crumbles - Jimmy Dean, 1/8 cup 18 0g 1g 3g 9mg 120mg 0g 0g
Eggs - Poached (whole egg), 1 large 74 0g 5g 6g 211mg 147mg 0g 0g
Lunch
Eas Whey Protein Powder - Protien, 2 scoop 140 3g 3g 27g 70mg 115mg 2g 0g
Strawberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 0.25 cup, thawed 19 5g 0g 0g 0mg 1mg 3g 1g
Milk - Vanilla Soy Milk - Light, 1 cup 70 7g 2g 6g 0mg 110mg 5g 1g
Dinner
Kim's Taco bowl, 1 serving(s) 233 17g 8g 21g 46mg 781mg 4g 4g
TOTAL: 576 36g 19g 64g 336mg 1,287mg 16g 6g

Kim K.    

Dcgirl
on 5/12/14 1:42 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Kim!  You are too sweet - thanks so much for the compliment :)  I made sure to get my exercise in while traveling, and not eat carbs, so I will credit that as my key to success.  Also, just doing SO much walking.  Side note: I tore my meniscus in my knee about two years ago and my knee almost never hurts now so as you lose weight you will hopefully not feel the knee pain at all!!!

You are not the first person to use these turkey sausage crumbles.  I have to find them!  I couldn't find them at the grocery last Thursday - will have to look again!

Your meal looks good!  I used to have EAS shakes but I am just too obsessed with Syntrax matrix now :)

AnnyBananny
on 5/12/14 2:15 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I found them with the other breakfast meats! Though I'm guessing you knew to look there. 

I've also heard the Morningstar Farms faux sausage crumbles are good - I put them on my shopping list too.

JLS_NJ
on 5/12/14 12:04 am
RNY on 10/15/13

I had a breakfast sandwich this morning, my DH got it for me.  I ate it but the bagel ate up all my carbs PLUS!  He was being sweet & considerate:  egg white and turkey sausage! :~/

How do you ladies insert pics??

DCGirl - jet lag coming this way takes me 4 - 6 days to get straight!  I go to Scotland twice a year, this past time for a month.  How are you doing so far?

Anny - it was a beautiful weekend!  I ran so many errands didn't make my steps - Saturday I was like 70 short of the 10,000.  I realized at 10 at night and was so out of it I said "tough" and rolled over!

Working on my water~

Your Food Diary For:

Monday, May 12, 2014
Breakfast Calories Carbs Fiber Fat Protein Potass.
Wawa - Turkey Sausage, Egg White and Cheese Sizzili, 1 sandwich 360 43 2 12 21 0  
Add Food Quick Tools 360 43 2 12 21 0  
Lunch
Target - Chocolate Whey Protein Shake, 1 Scoop 140 3 1 3 25 250  
Usda - Banana (1 Inch), 3 inch 36 11 1 0 1 168  
Add Food Quick Tools 176 14 2 3 26 418  
Dinner
Omaha Steaks - Top Sirloin Steak 5 oz, 3.0 oz 180 0 0 12 17 0  
Add Food Quick Tools 180 0 0 12 17 0  
Snacks
Add Food Quick Tools              
Vitamins
Citracal - Calcium Citrate +D3 Petites, 2 tablets 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Equate - Stool Softener, 2 capsule 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Spring Valley - Maximum Strength Vitamin D3 5000iu, 2 Softgel 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Flintstones - Muti Vitamin W/ Iron, 1 tablet 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Benefiber - Fiber Supplement, 2 tsp (3.8g) 15 4 3 0 0 0  
Feosol - Carbonyl Iron Tablet, 1 caplet 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Add Food Quick Tools 15 4 3 0 0 0  

Totals 731 61 7 27 64 418

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

Dcgirl
on 5/12/14 1:48 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG so envious JLS that you go to Scotland twice a year!  I have only been there once (to Glasgow) and I loved it.  I love the UK and Ireland.  And the Scottish accents...well, I can hardly understand them but I love to listen to them!  

I can't trust myself around a bagel lol.  But that is so sweet of your DH to think of egg whites and turkey sausage :)

My jet lag still sucks - I am waking up SO early, and passed out by 10:30 pm.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Ok, inserting pics.  It's such a cluster on this site.  I will try to explain.  Cuz I agree with Anny - I like to see pics of everyone!

1. Click on My OH and Photos

2. Click on Photos

3. Click on Upload

4. Upload the photos

5. Click on back to albums

6. Once you get to the page where it shows one small pic and the choices below the photo are upload / organize / settings, then just click on the small photo

7. This will bring up a page with all of your pics you have uploaded

8.  IMPORTANT!!!  Now, open a new tab or new window and go to this site and go to the post where you want to add a pic

9. On the first tab, highlight the picture you want to insert and do control-C to copy the pic

10. ON the second tab, in the post, click and do control-V to paste the pic

I have no idea why it has to be done in two tabs, it's the most archaic process ever.  But this should work!

AnnyBananny
on 5/12/14 2:18 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

You don't actually have to upload the photos at all if you don't want to, just control-C to copy and control-V to paste it in. Easy-peesy. But I guess if you want the photos to show up on your profile in the photo albums then you'd need to upload.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views