So I get to have my scope next week Friday.

mama_dee54
on 5/13/14 5:40 am

Have to travel over an hour to get my scope done next Friday. Getting anxious because I have never had one done.  My father died of stomach cancer at age 50 and I am 54. My Surgeon says he wants to do it himself so he can be sure whats in there before my RNY.  I sure hope everything is good, I need this surgery to extend my life since I have arthritis so bad I can barely walk and high blood pressure and sleep apnea and copd. I am praying this will make life better for me. Just have to see the NUT AND THE SURGEON after that and then they will set the date. I can't believe how long all this takes.  I am ready as ready can be...:)

Amy R.
on 5/13/14 6:59 am

Try not to worry about your scope.  For most folks, they are a piece of cake. I've had so many (both pre-op and post-op) that  I've lost count.  They'll put you to "sleep" and next thing you know you're awake and they're talking to you about the results.

You mention that you have bad arthritis.  Have you been made aware that after RnY we are no longer allowed to take NSAIDS like ibuprofen, aleve, etc? Don't know what you are using for your arthritis pain currently, but for some of us it's been a really rough road finding pain meds that work as well as anti-inflammatories do. You may want to run it by your surgeon, if you haven't already.   Just a thought.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

mama_dee54
on 5/13/14 7:05 am

I am allergic to NSAIDS so no worry there! I take 4 norco a day though and that worries me about after surgery. How will I take my pills ? Do they have liquid norco ?

alaskasusan
on 5/13/14 7:51 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

You should be okay taking norco after you have healed up...might not even be an issue right after surgery (if okayed by the surgeon) as you should be able to cru**** to take with liquid --  that is, if taking the whole pill would bother you.  Some folks do okay right after surgery and some, like me, have to wait a bit before being able to swallow one whole.  I had no problems within the first month taking a whole pill.  Good luck to you, hope the process finishes quickly and well for you!

mama_dee54
on 5/13/14 8:16 am

Thanks for the encouragement! Guess it will all get figured out !

56sunShine14
on 5/13/14 10:50 am

Don't waste your time worrying about the scope, you are not even going to know it's happening and you won't remember it.

Mona Mee
on 5/18/14 7:09 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

Good luck!!! Mine is tomorrow, I'm praying my ulcer is gone :-)

RNY 7/17/2014!! Decided to stop kidding myself about what I'm really doing with my life. Excited for getting back to me!!   

eringudge
on 5/18/14 4:27 pm
RNY on 07/28/14

My endoscopy was the best sleep I have had in a long time. I went home and slept most of the 24 hours following the procedure. 

I loved it. :)

eringudge
on 5/18/14 4:44 pm
RNY on 07/28/14
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?