I wish my date were coming up..

RRach
on 5/12/14 12:50 am

My doctor has had me on the liver shrinking diet for a long while now. And I am ecstatic at how much weight I have lost but starting to get a tiny bit frustrated. I feel so hungry all of the time. I have tried eating an abundance of carrots since it is considered a free food. But they just don't fill me up. They make me thirsty. 

I keep focusing on the good and positive however. :) I meet with my surgeon May 19th to SET a date. Woo hoo! lol :)

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

Louise1974
on 5/12/14 1:01 am

Yikes, the pre op diet about did me in and I only had to follow it for 9 days.  But mine was liquid only, I would have killed for a carrot by the end!  Hang in there. 

karenp8
on 5/12/14 1:05 am - Brighton, IL

You are so close to having a date. It will be here before you know it. The worst part of the whole process is the pre op period because it is so different and you are hungry on top of it all. After surgery you will have a much easier time because for most the hunger won't be there. Right now you are learning new healthier habits and it will make post op life much easier. Hang in there--it will be here soon!

RRach
on 5/12/14 1:50 am

Thanks y'all! I am trying to stay positive. I know it is hard on everyone! We are in this together. :)

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

Manny32
on 5/12/14 1:51 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

wow I was lucky then , I only did 2 day of liquid diet before surgery.

selhard
on 5/12/14 2:30 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

...no liquid diet required here.  But I did manage to lose 80# during the six-month insurance waiting period.  All I needed to hear was, "the more you lose pre-op, the better WLS should go."  Talk about motivation!  Since WLS, I've lost another 125#....the last 50# is being a bugger.

Lisa W.
on 5/12/14 6:48 am - Denver, CO

No diet here the night before 10-12 glasses water and regular light meal had surgery May 7th feeling great no pain healing really well just struggling on pureed to get in 60 g protein and enough liquid want to sleep allot

Lisa Willis

Woodward7064
on 5/12/14 8:22 am - Newtown , PA

My doctor just had me on a 800 cal diet for 2 weeks prior and then only liquids for 2 days before surgery. Hang in there it is all worth it 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics