3 years surgiversary

TammyH968
on 5/13/14 1:43 am - Wichita Falls, TX

Its hard to believe its been 3 years already.  Time has went by so fast.  I think back to how I felt before surgery and I would not change a thing about my life now.  I feel great!!!  The thing I have learned most is how to listen to my body and how I respond to food.  It really does give off signals when I eat something that does not agree with me.  I still have days when I look in the mirror and see the fat girl looking back and other days I stare at this new skinny girl and ask 'Is that really me"  I have learned how to cope with my feelings and not turn to food.  I still love food but its a different love affair now.  I enjoy it and its an experience.  I've been maintaining my weight I think pretty good.  I weigh myself daily and stay within a 5 pound gain weight limit.  If I go up a pound or 2 I adjust my diet and exercise and get it right back off.  I know this will be my life from here on out and that's ok.  I would much rather be LIVING my life the way I am now than EXISTING the way I was 3 years ago.  Anyway I am rambling.  What I really wanted to say was THANK YOU to this community.  I don't post often but I do read your post often.  And many of you have been very helpful in my journey.  Stay strong sisters and brothers today is a new day make sure you get up and do something with it.

karenp8
on 5/13/14 1:55 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on three years of a healthy new life. I am about two years out and those ahead of me are a reminder that if I am mindful I can keep the weight off this time. Thanks for sharing your journey with us,

tdbull
on 5/13/14 4:04 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congrats. I love seeing posts from vets who have kept the weight off. This is possible.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

K9Love
on 5/14/14 1:56 am - CA

Congratulations! I cannot wait until I am there too.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 339 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 99 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?