Weight seems to be at a small plateau

SReyes71
on 5/14/14 2:01 am

I know I may be just a little impatient. But I have been stuck on the same weight for a good week now it seems. I am just starting my 4th week after surgery. I am following all of the diet guidelines. I'm not even on normal food yet, drinking as much water as I can handle, taking my vitamins and walking about 1 to 2 miles a day. I don't know why my body loves this fat so much?

I have lost 20 pounds. I guess I just want results faster than my body wants to let go of the fat.

MickeyDee
on 5/14/14 3:29 am

Perfectly normal--just keep on keepin' on.

SReyes71
on 5/14/14 4:23 am

Thanks I am doing my best. I do not like plateau's Boo!

AnnyBananny
on 5/14/14 3:39 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Welcome to the 3-week stall. It sucks, but it is totally normal - many people find they have a stall sometime around weeks 3-5. If you do a search here on OH from "3 week stall" you'll find tons of info on the actual reasons this is happening.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

SReyes71
on 5/14/14 5:34 am

How long do stall's tend to last? I am not liking this at all. Is there a way to jump start the weight loss again?

AnnyBananny
on 5/14/14 5:46 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Many vets here will tell you that a stall isn't really a stall until the scale hasn't moved in a month, but that doesn't mean these "pauses" don't totally suck. For me I paused around week 4-5 and then all the sudden one morning at almost 6 weeks I woke up and the scale had moved like 3 pounds, what?!

Make sure to get your liquids, focus on protein, and as you feel better try to be more active. My program had us walking for the first 6 weeks then increasing activity from there as tolerate and I've definitely noticed better results the more active I am. About week 5 I upped how far I was walking because I was feeling physically better and less tired - not sure if this actually help jump start the scale or was just coincidence though. 

Good luck!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

SReyes71
on 5/14/14 3:05 pm

Yes I am walking and trying to stay more active. I have not done anything too strenuous just yet/ My Dr has not given me the go ahead for more activity just yet... But I am ready to hit the ground running when the time comes.

I am having a hard time with water and protein it is getting better but was rough in the beginning. I had to return to the hospital for an IV because I got so dehydrated. I have bounced back a little since the IV. I am just trying to stay focused and pre pare my self for going back to work.

Thank you... I appreciate your reply :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views