green tea? or tea in general?

mama_dee54
on 5/15/14 1:11 am, edited 5/15/14 3:20 am

I see that some people use the lemon Nectar tea flavored whey. I thought we are not suppose to have caffeine. Was I wrong about tea ?

Kathy W.
on 5/15/14 1:39 am

It is only flavored like tea. No caffeine. It depends on your Dr. how long you will be off caffeine. Mine said a month after surgery, however, I tried a unsweetened iced tea drink and didn't feel to great afterwards. So no caffeine for me. I am a month and a half out from surgery.

Kahla L.
on 5/15/14 2:07 am
RNY on 06/19/13

I drink Diet Green tea with raspberry (splenda sweetened) from sonic or tradewinds diet sweet tea without any issues and my doctor has ok'd this.  I always get extra ice, so it's not much tea, but the ice melts throughout the day and then I just refill it with water.

HW/SW/CW: 312/295/212 (RNY 6/19/13)

poet_kelly
on 5/15/14 2:33 am - OH

Syntrax Nectar lemon tea doesn't have any caffeine.

Some people prefer to avoid caffeine.  Personally, I don't see a problem with it in moderation.  There is no medical reason I am not supposed to have caffeine.  But I don't know if there is a reason you are not supposed to have it.  What does your doctor say?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mama_dee54
on 5/15/14 2:40 am

oh I thought it did. I was going to get some but thought I saw caffeine in it. They say it increases hunger and causes ulcers but a little is ok ! After 6 weeks or something.

MyLady Heidi
on 5/15/14 2:45 am

If you like tea it will not remind you anything of tea, those nectar protein drinks are the most vile crap I ever tasted.  I literally had to spit it out and toss it.  I do drink regular iced tea every day, not green tea, but black tea, very icy but never-the-less regular tea at least to start then watered down as the day progresses.   Caffeine was never prohibited except during healing.

mama_dee54
on 5/15/14 2:50 am, edited 5/15/14 3:20 am

Lots of people say they like it. Was looking for refreshing drinks for hot days. I got a bunch of samples coming of Nectar. I hope I like them! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 326 views