Calories when taking Cheese off slice of Pizza ?

Mo Diggity
on 6/11/14 8:32 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I always try to log all the food I eat into MFP, but does anyone know how many calories/protein would be in just eating the cheese off a slice from a large pie ?? I'm pretty sure the whole slice (bread/crust incl) is around 225 calories. Thanks !!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

poet_kelly
on 6/11/14 8:38 am - OH

Depends on how  much cheese it is.  Can you estimate it in ounces?  One ounce of cheese is about the size of a pair of dice.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mo Diggity
on 6/11/14 8:46 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

That's a good idea, I'll try that :) Although, it's kinda hard to estimate for me when it's melted lol.... but now I'll remember to measure it on my scale next time so I'll know !! Thanks ;)

Grim_Traveller
on 6/11/14 8:45 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Impossible to say with any precision. Pizza cheese is usually a mix of three or more cheeses. Closest you can probably get is take the cheese off, weigh it, and use the value for full fat cheddar or mozzarella. Or just take a good guess, aim a little high. 

If you only have something like this once a month, a good guess won't really matter. If you were doing it every day, it might.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Mo Diggity
on 6/11/14 8:50 am, edited 6/11/14 8:50 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

That's what I was thinking about the cheese mixture.... I didn't think it was just mozzarella, but wasn't sure what other kinds lol. I was just saying to Kelly that I would know now to measure it next time, but I just remembered my kids haven't finished theirs so I'm just gonna peel the cheese off one of theirs and weigh it..... I'm sure they won't mind     Thanks Grim !!

Mo Diggity
on 6/11/14 9:54 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Just an Update (for anyone who cares LoL) ~ Did a little info digging (not sure whether due to absolute boredom or OCD tendencies ) I took the cheese off of 2 slices & weighed 1 at a time ~ 1st weighed 1.1 oz, 2nd weighed 1.2 oz..... Then I called the pizza place and asked what kind of cheese they use & they said Mozzarella only. So I found an entry on MFP for whole milk mozzarella and entered 1.2 oz. They calculated it at 102 calories & 8g protein..... And now my search is done Hahahaaa Thanks Again Guys !!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 3 views