Roast the whole cauliflower

molly3613
on 6/14/14 3:13 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

The picture didn't come across though.  It looks great! 

Forget florets--roast the whole damn cauliflower Roasted cauliflower? Been there, done that. But roasting a whole head of cauliflower? Now we’ve got your attention. This recipe has you slathering cauliflower in a spicy yogurt marinade and roasting it at a high temperature. The result is an amazingly delicious dish that’s as dramatic in presentation as it is easy in preparation. Serve it with a big green salad (we suggest lime juice and olive oil for the dressing) for an easy weeknight supper or your next “the vegetarians are coming to dinner” party.

SPICY WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER A PureWow Original Recipe Makes 6 servings Start to Finish: 1 hour Ingredients 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 head cauliflower 1½ cups plain Greek yogurt 1 lime, zested and juiced 2 tablespoons chile powder 1 tablespoon cumin 1 tablespoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon curry powder 2 teaspoons kosher salt 1 teaspoon black pepper Directions 1. Preheat the oven to 400° and lightly grease a small baking sheet with vegetable oil. Set aside. 2. Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green leaves and the woody stem. 3. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper. 4. Dunk the cauliflower into the bowl and use a brush or your hands to smear the marinade evenly over its surface. (Excess marinade can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days and used with meat, fish or other veggies.) 5. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes. The marinade will make a crust on the surface of the cauliflower. 6. Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges and serving alongside a big green salad. Read more: Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower | Recipes - PureWow Sign Up For PureWow's Daily Email

CdngirlinNC
on 6/14/14 3:38 am

Thanks for the recipe - looks delish!!

VSG 07/07/14

Cunning_Pam
on 6/14/14 6:00 am
RNY on 12/18/13

That sounds delicious! I'd love to try that marinade on other things, as mentioned. Yummers!

Thanks for posting.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Cunning_Pam
on 6/14/14 6:01 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Oh, and here's the pic...it DOES look great!

Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

molly3613
on 6/14/14 6:03 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Well when I tried to copy the picture it was a bunch of gibberish.  I am so illiterate.  Amazing I got you guys  the recipe.

Cunning_Pam
on 6/14/14 6:07 am
RNY on 12/18/13

To post pics from the internet, you can't just copy it with all the text on a page. Right click on the picture separately, select "copy image", come back to your post here and hit CTRL-V. Don't try the paste function, it won't work with pictures.

I for one am glad you pointed us to the recipe, so no worries!

molly3613
on 6/14/14 6:10 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

I am on an iPad right now.  This sounds like a job for the Big computer....thanks for the tip.  Enjoy the recipe.  I mix plain greek yogurt with hidden valley dry ranch dressing mix and put it on everything.  Try that too.

kathie1212
on 6/17/14 10:40 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

this looks amazing!!!

Lori W.
on 6/17/14 9:36 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

Yum! Very impressive presentation. I will try this one. Thanks.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 515 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 361 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?