Self-Pay Care Credit

tawee06
on 6/14/14 9:25 am - Houston, TX

I am currently in the pre-op stage of getting the RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery. In fact, I am done with all of my pre-op and currently awaiting a surgery date. However, I am self-pay and have currently hit a snag when it comes to the cost of financing this surgery (They hit me with all of these different charges). I have been approved through care credit which is going to be one of my primary sources for funding the surgery. The other portion I think I will at least be able to obtain through credit cards. However, I am not sure if the surgeon I am working with even accepts care credit. Is there any one in the Houston area who knows if their doctor/surgeon takes care credit? Please help! If not, I may have to consider getting the sleeve surgery and going to Dallas. I am hoping to get this surgery done in July.

- Tawee06

poet_kelly
on 6/14/14 10:39 am - OH

Why not just call your surgeon's office Monday and ask if they take Care Credit?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tawee06
on 6/14/14 12:08 pm - Houston, TX

Already did they said no.....

poet_kelly
on 6/14/14 12:16 pm - OH

Oh.  I was confused since in your post you said "I'm not sure if the surgeon accepts Care Credit."  But it sounds like you are sure that he doesn't.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

karin602
on 6/15/14 4:21 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

You can also call care credit and see if it has a list of surgeons who do accept it. Most companies do and some may even list them on a website.

Karin

SuzinDallas
on 6/15/14 8:32 am

Check out their website.  Care Credit has a great, easy to use "Find a Provider" section. I was even able to find a vet who takes it when things were kind of tight financially and we needed to get my dog checked out for something.

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

Keeshaja
on 6/15/14 8:46 am
DS on 10/21/14
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views