LOOKS LIKE I WONT BE HAVING SURGERY DR CANCELLED.

Clay Nelson
on 6/17/14 7:02 am

Just got a call from my doctors office stating that I am not going to have surgery in a week because I have not proven I can lose at least some weight. This is a life changing operation and I had my hopes up and insurance approved. Dates set and hotel bought. Durinhg pre op the dr was not concerned with my weighy. But now they aaid no. Im so upset.

mschwab
on 6/17/14 7:46 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Were you able to speak with the doctor to find out what you needed to do demonstrate that you are ready for surgery?  Did he/she give you a list of things you needed to accomplish prior to surgery?  I know this is terribly disappointing, but make sure you understand exactly what his/her expectations of you are so that you know what you have to do.  Sorry again, but don't give up.  This is a bump in the road that can be fixed.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Clay Nelson
on 6/17/14 11:43 am

They called me back and said I need to lose at least 40 lbs before surgery. My surgery is in two weeks :( water it is herr I go 

Keeshaja
on 6/17/14 9:31 am
DS on 10/21/14

Don't give up,I'll keep you in my prayers hope everything works out

ShellyWeeksLoss
on 6/17/14 11:42 am

Did you try to call him/her back? I think you have the rights to continue the surgery and show/prove it that you are ready for surgery and able to lose weight. Don't be upset, prayers can help

Is Bariatric Surgery for You? - PlacidWay Medical Tourism

karin602
on 6/18/14 8:23 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I would be upset too but depending on your pre op program you should have lost some weight. This is a lifestyle change and you can't rely on the surgery alone to solve your weight issues. You do need to speak with your doc and determine what you need to be doing to make this a successful journey. I do wish you luck with this and pray you will be able to make the necessary changes and have the surgery rescheduled.

Karin

Laura in Texas
on 6/18/14 8:34 am

I disagree. I did not lose any on the 6 month insurance required diet. I needed surgery. I have maintained my 200 pound loss for almost 5 years. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Laura in Texas
on 6/18/14 8:38 am

Did they tell you this earlier? Mine had something buried deep in the paperwork that if I gained during the 6 month supervised diet my surgery would be cancelled but I did not notice it until my appointment to schedule my appointment (thankfully my weight remained the same).

If they did not tell you beforehand or it was not in your paperwork, then it is wrong for them to cancel, in my not-so-humble opinion. Drink protein shakes. I drank nasty bariatric advantage shakes for my 2 week pre-op liver shrinking diet and lost 20 pounds.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

dee_4244
on 6/18/14 3:16 pm

I'm so sorry that happend to you.  That is such a merry go round. I am nervous I am having my hospital required nutrition classes...then I have to have a procedure of having a camera look down my throat to check for potential issues. Then hopefully I will be scheduled. I'm a mess...hoping nothing happens to delay me.

Clay Nelson
on 6/18/14 9:10 pm

I finally got the Doctor to tell me if I can lose 40lbs by the surgery date in two weeks then he will operate. While I am still upset that this life changing surgery is dependent upon losing weight, I decided to take a very drastic approach and put my body through shock therapy. I drink one Atkins Protein shake in the morning followed by a ton of water, then water throughout the day, I have recently started adding ice chips in to trick my brain into thinking I am eating something. And one protein shake in the evening. Nothing else. The first day was hard, the second day was a little easier and now the third day the hunger has subsided to almost nothing. Life without food is different but it is well worth it to have this operation to finally be rid of this weight once and for all. Thank you all for your prayers and support. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?