What's on the menu today, RNYers? Tuesday

Cunning_Pam
on 6/17/14 1:04 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Good morning all you happy, shiny RNY peoples! Happy Tuesday. I hope today is a wonderful day for you all!

Nothing much planned here for the day, just working around the house (again). Why is it that the more energy I have, the longer my to-do list gets? Heh. At least I'm finally seeing some changes in my environment thanks to the changes in me! I'm still working on the basement stuff, moving boxes and furniture around to get the downstairs set up better. Today I'm going to work on a "workshop" area for my jewelry designing, I need to get my inventory of materials in order and create a better working space. At some point, from there, I'll put in the work to start doing glass work again, but that's off in the future a bit.

I'm actually looking forward to my treadmill time today. Yesterday I bumped up the speed a little and actually ran for a very short time! I got in three rounds of one minute each at 4 mph, which for me is huge. I was going to wait until I got closer to 200 to actually run, but I've been itching to try and see how it feels. So far, so good...nothing hurt yesterday, or today either. I'm going to take it slowly as I'm concerned about too much pounding on my knees, but if I increase it gradually I should be able to tell when/if I'm running into problems. Don't want to screw up a knee at this point!

So here's the nitty-gritty: Supplements - Working on it right now. Water - 50 ounces in, will easily hit targets today. Exercise - no strength training today, just a couple rounds of treadmill. Menu - 

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Generic - Extra Large Eggs, 1 egg 90 1 5 6 70 0  
  90 1 5 6 70 0  
Lunch
Dannon Light N Fit - Greek Yogurt - Peach, 5.3 oz 80 8 0 12 45 7  
Chicken - Breast, meat and skin, cooked, roasted, 0.5 breast, bone removed 193 0 8 29 70 0  
  273 8 8 41 115 7  
Dinner
Cunning_Pam's Baked Tilapia, 1 serving(s) 164 7 8 17 110 0  
Veggies - Broccoli - Fresh Steamed, 0.5 cup chopped 27 3 0 2 32 1  
  191 10 8 19 142 1  
Snacks
Ghirardelli Squares - Midnight Reverie 86% Cacao (Corrected), 2 squares 120 8 12 2 0 3  
Kraft - String 2 % Milk Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese Stick, 1 stick 60 0 4 7 160 0  
Jay Robb's - Whey Protein, Vanilla, 15 g 55 0 0 12 75 0  
Prairie Farms - Large Curd Cottage Cheese, 1/2 Cup 100 4 5 12 450 4  
Fruit - Blueberries - Fresh (Net Carbs), 0.25 cup 21 4 0 0 0 0  
  356 16 21 33 685 7  

Totals 910 35 42 99 1,012 15  
Your Daily Goal 1,414 71 55 160 2,300 64

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/14 1:17 am

It is hot and humid here today.I love it after the winter we had.It is funny last year I would have hated it.

B:Drank Powerade zero on the 40 min drive to work had chicken salad 

S:yogurt with peaches fresh not canned

L:Shrimp and a stuffed mushroom with crabmeat

D:Bison burger with tomato and pickles for some reason since surgery I crave pickles. I have always loved them.

S:not sure if I will need one.

Cunning_Pam
on 6/17/14 1:34 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Mmm, your menu sounds yummy, 3BH! I'm thinking a burger with pickles would be really good now! I wish I wasn't so suggestible when it comes to food, LOL!

Enjoy the warmth today!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

karenp8
on 6/17/14 1:23 am - Brighton, IL

Way to go on the treadmill victory,Pam! It feels great doesn't it?! That's neat that you make jewelry. I need to find a hobby like that. I used to do candle making when I was younger. Maybe I need to try that again! I did get out some yarn last night and started a pair of hiuseslippers. Knitting is really relaxing to me as long as the pattern is not too complicated. Lily and I had our first obedience class last night. She was not as nervous as I expected her to be with all the dogs and people around. We were the remedial pair in the class though as all the other dogs were puppies and had already had puppy class. They could sit and us--not so much! The teachers were great though and,once they found out she was a puppy mill dog told me to not stress and just have fun working with her. We may have to take the class three or four times but at least it is helping her to bond with me. We took our three mile trek early this am and she did great. We met four people right in a row and she just kept walking in a straight line. Lots of progress in a few short weeks! I will finish my exercise in a bit with 20 minutes on the bike. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's the eats! B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese and 1/2 c  pea pods with mushrooms S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz ground beef and 1/2 c sweet potato fries (baked) S 3/4 c Greek yogurt. Hope everyone has a great day!

Cunning_Pam
on 6/17/14 1:33 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Good to hear that Lily's doing so well, Karen! I didn't remember that she was a puppy mill dog, that's so terribly sad. But what a wonderful life she'll have now with you. You're right, the classes and training will really help you bond with each other; except for some of the more couch potato breeds of dogs a working dog is a happy dog.

I find knitting very relaxing as well! Did you see Anny's shawl that she completed? Now something that complicated isn't very relaxing to me, but the scarf I'm doing now sure is.

And yes, the treadmill running actually did feel great! I didn't have time to celebrate until I was done, though: too busy concentrating on not falling on my butt while running! 

AnnyBananny
on 6/17/14 3:09 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks for the shout out Pam! 

Pam and Karen, I actually find the more complicated patterns more relaxing because I'm more able to completely clear my mind and focus on the knitting with the more complicated patterns. With an easier pattern my mind can just race all over and then I decidedly don't relax!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 6/17/14 1:24 am - Brighton, IL

Wow 3 BH your lunch and dinner sound amazing. Great variety there!

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/14 1:40 am

I spend way too much time thinking about menus.But I know if I don't I will not do as well.There are so many things to make that are easy if you keep it basic.Thank goodness for Costco.

AnnyBananny
on 6/17/14 3:11 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

3B, I often think how funny it is that as a person eating 1.5 cups a day I spend HOURS thinking about food and menus and planning!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Kenyatta W.
on 6/17/14 1:27 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey All!!!!

I have been M.I.A for about three months now. So much have happened since I've been gone from this thread but not the site. I've been so depressed and stressed that I wasn't taking care of myself properly. I still have my moments but it is starting to get better in the home front. But I'm back and at it! Anywho, when I thought that the scale was done with me weighing me at 180  pounds for a month and half, I can proudly say I now weigh at 17 months post op169 pounds!!!! =)

The menu:

17 months post op

B: protein coffee, large boiled egg, 2 turkey bacon strips

S1: 1 oz dry roasted almonds (my new Fav)

L: 4 oz baked chicken breast & gravy, 1/3c cooked spinach

S2: Dannon Light & Fit yogurt (my new Fav)

D: Same as lunch

S3: I'm not sure yet... I need more calories

V/W: On target

E: I will start back today from a three month break, wish me luck!

Totals so far without third snack.... Calories 677, Protein 85 grams, Carbs 22 grams, Fat 26 grams

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 222 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics