Esophageal spasms

Sandie E.
on 6/17/14 5:17 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

So...to update everyone....they gave me 2 IV bags at the ER last We'd but didn't think I was too dehydrated. They couldn't really figure out what was happening with me. Went to my 1 month post op yesterday and they sent me for the upper GI swallow test and prescribed me meds to help. She thinks I am having these spasms maybe since I had such bad reflux before the hernia repair and rny. She said it could be the cause for the excruciating pain and nausea. Does anyone else have experience with this? Will it go away?

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

nhowe61
on 6/17/14 10:14 am

I had surgery april 2 and about a month ago the pain went away and i finally stopped having nausea thank goodness. It does get better it just takes time make sure your not having anything with caffeine in it thats what gave me stomach pains drinking iced tea .It was worth having the hernia fixed even though it put healing a little longer. If you have trouble with protein shakes try the nectar ones they are great and come in fruit flavors and are not thick like others as you mix them with water they were easier for me to digest.

Sandie E.
on 6/17/14 11:18 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

No caffeine at all here. Thank you for your reply!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics