drinking water

debbiec53
on 6/17/14 10:01 pm

Im 4 weeks out from surgery been having trouble trying to drink enough water. Never thought something so simple could be so hard but being back at work and trying to do what I need to do isn't easy

jazzycatz
on 6/18/14 4:49 am - Joppa, MD

I know it's hard this early out but you have got to get your fluids in to avoid dehydration and potential kidney stones. Never had a kidney stone pre-op. It was around my 4 or 5th week post-op that I got my first one.

Does the nature of your job make it difficult for you to keep sipping away throughout the day?

You must keep sipping. If it is uncomfortable for you try different temps. 3 years out and I still don't do fantastic with really cold liquids. Love hot. Drinking some room temp water now. I got used to it.

Don't let yourself dehydrate. It's no fun. Kidney stones are much less fun than that.

debbie2014
on 6/19/14 3:33 am - dover, NH

thanks I work in an office so I can drink whenenver it is just hard when it gets busy to remember to take a min and drink

karin602
on 6/18/14 8:12 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I definitely do better with hot beverages. Some do better with cold. You just have to find what works for you and keep drinking. It's no fun being stuck in the 21st with an iv getting over dehydration!

Karin

debbie2014
on 6/19/14 3:35 am - dover, NH

I drink botth hot and cold  what I really like is ice which I cant have right now

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 772 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 502 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 250 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 278 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?