Quest

burghblonde
on 6/18/14 2:58 am
RNY on 05/12/14

With 2 boys we live a very active lifestyle. Thanks to my RNY and new pouch I am able to partake in this lifestyle a bit more actively. No longer am I just sitting by watching life (literally). I do, because we are always on the go, find it difficult some days to get my protein in. I always manage, but it's not easy. I am hoping that I will be able to sneak a Quest bar in here and there begining next week. I will be 7 weeks and a normal diet according to my plan. Any thoughts from others out there who tried them post op, and how far out were you? 

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Caroline K.
on 6/18/14 4:00 am

I've tried 4 different flavours of the Quest bars so far, and haven't really liked any of them. They're okay, but I wouldn't choose them, personally. I've liked the Oh Yeah! ones, but they're not as high in protein. I need to go back to GNC and see what they've got... Other people rave about them, so it might be worth getting a few samples.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

burghblonde
on 6/18/14 4:21 am
RNY on 05/12/14

I have tried all of the Quest flavors over the past year and honestly the only ones I didn't care for were the PB flavors. Not sure why but they just didn't do anything for me. I am curious as to whether my taste for them has changed post op. because I am really quite fond of them.

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

jenorama
on 6/18/14 4:27 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I'll do an occasional Quest bar for a quick meal, but I find that they leave my mouth kind of "protein-y" and not being able to drink for a while after one is sometimes not worth it.  If I have a packet of jerky with me, I'll have that over a Quest bar.  I get the bag of individual 1 oz bags from Costco and it's worth 14g of protein and fills me up pretty well with no icky after taste.  :D  Not everyone can tolerate beef jerky after surgery though, so try it in a safe place first once you're cleared for that sort of food.

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/14 6:17 am

I do like the chocolate chip cookie dough one.But they don't like me.I feel so sick after I eat them.I would try one at home before eating one on the run.A lot of people love them though.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/18/14 9:30 am

You dump on them as I do..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/14 4:25 am

One of the worst feelings I have ever experienced. 

tdbull
on 6/18/14 6:21 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I'm completely addicted and never leave home without them. I order them by the case from Amazon. I only eat the chocolate brownie and double chocolate chunk. Watch out for any of the fruit flavors as they're higher in sugar alcohols.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

christyhall
on 6/18/14 9:06 am
RNY on 04/28/14

I had some emergencies in my personal life at about 5 weeks out from surgery (very recently). I wasn't going to be able to sit down for a regular meal, so I took a chance and brought Quest bars with me. I had no problems eating them, though I only ate a half bar. I was able to save the other half for later by just wrapping it back up in the original wrapper, and it didn't seem stale the next day. I don't know if that's good or bad! I really like most of the Quest bar flavors, especially the lemon cream one.

RNY on April 28, 2014 with Laura July at Unity Hospital in Fridley (Twin Cities) Minnesota.

Starting weight in October 2013: 350 lbs. SW: 275 lbs. CW: 242 lbs.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/18/14 9:29 am

I dump on Quest bars.  My body processes them as if they are full of sugar. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views