Down 201 lbs - before and after pic

Dcgirl
on 10/27/14 3:46 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH Friends,

I participate daily on the menu post but I remember as I went through the discovery process of having WLS, I looooooooved seeing before and after photos.  I used to scrutinize them and wonder, could this be me?  Would I be successful?  Would I lose weight?  Could I weigh under (gasp!) 200 lbs?

I am super happy and proud to say that I have been successful ****il now) and am under 200 lbs (168 to be exact).  My highest weight ever was 369 on December 2nd, 2013 when I started my liquid pre-op diet.  Two weeks later on December 16th, 2013, I was 351 and had RNY.  

Was this the best decision of my life?  HANDS DOWN YES.  I have been fortunate - no complications, easy and quick recovery, no foods that make me sick.  I have also tried to maximize my tool and have eaten low carb, high protein, tracking every single bite in MyFitnessPal.  I have become an avid exerciser, and I love it.  Yes, I also think people who "loved" exercising were freaks or were lying to themselves, but I honestly enjoy it.  I feel fit and strong when I go to the gym.  I have worked with a personal trainer for 7 months and he pushes me.  I wear a FitBit and I try to get in 10,000 steps a day.  I ask friends to go for walks rather than for dinner.  I have not had a sip of alcohol in 11 months.  

Am I on plan 100% of the time?  Nope.  Skinny Pop is a downfall and I have had too much of it.  I still have not had bread or pasta or rice.  I have tofu shirataki noodles when I want pasta.  I have FlatOut light wraps when I want pizza.  I am certainly not suffering in any way and still have the spicy and flavorful foods I crave.  But instead of eating a pound of pasta with pesto, I will eat 1/4 cup of shirataki noodles with pesto and shrimp.  

This new life of mine is unbelievable and I wish every one of you the same feeling of accomplishment and strength.  Is it easy?  Not a chance.  Is maintenance way harder?  I am 100% sure of it.  But so far I have been focused on setting up eating and exercising habits to ensure my continued success.

Before: 351 lbs size 26/28

After: 168 lbs size 10 pants/medium tops

Browsing "Recent Photos"

bublegirl1
on 10/27/14 3:53 am
RNY on 11/10/14

You look amazing!! Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your experience and insight!

-Amie

tdbull
on 10/27/14 3:55 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
awesome success. Congrats!!!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Dcgirl
on 10/27/14 10:06 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, tdbull!  I have been following your success closely!  I know that maintenance is going to be tough as hell...

Roz4103
on 10/27/14 3:55 am
RNY on 11/12/14 with

WOW!!!! You look marvelous... I am so happy for you.  My RNY surgery is scheduled for 11/12/2014; and I am excited and nervous at the same time... I can't wait to be under 200 pounds and to be able to look and feel sexy not just for me but for my husband too.....I understand that this is a life change and I know there will be challenges ... but I honestly believe I am ready to face this obesity and alcohol demon......

Continue the good work and I look forward to future updates......

Roz4103
on 10/27/14 3:56 am
RNY on 11/12/14 with

WOW!!!! You look marvelous... I am so happy for you.  My RNY surgery is scheduled for 11/12/2014; and I am excited and nervous at the same time... I can't wait to be under 200 pounds and to be able to look and feel sexy not just for me but for my husband too.....I understand that this is a life change and I know there will be challenges ... but I honestly believe I am ready to face this obesity and alcohol demon......

Continue the good work and I look forward to future updates......

Gypsyqueen5
on 10/27/14 4:00 am - Seattle, WA

Bravo to you!

SeattleSeagirl

Bubbles314
on 10/27/14 4:07 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi DC girl,

You look fantastic.  You really look like two different people.  I would not have guessed both were pictures of you, you must be proud. Thank you for sharing it gives me incentive to keep moving on, I am in the beginning of my journey.  To know that this much weight loss is possible, does my heart good (in more than one way).  I to need to lose around 200 or more pounds, I am so happy for you and will continue to follow your progress on OH.  Hooray for you...

Dcgirl
on 10/27/14 10:07 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Bubbles!  Congrats on losing 42 lbs already!  Just keep after it...it's NOT easy in any way, but if you put your mind to it, eat protein first, and get your body moving, amazing things are possible :)

kbb0185
on 10/27/14 4:21 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Amazing amazing job, you look like an entirely new person.  Did you ever think you would be the one posting before and after pics?  You are motivating all of us :)  Congratulations!

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 388 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 306 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 280 views