Getting ready to go!!! Am I missing something?

LilyBeez813
on 10/30/14 2:13 pm
RNY on 11/12/14

I am beginning my second WLS journey. In 2008 I had a Lap band placed. The first year was okay.. I lost 65 lbs. Later  I had multiple set backs, knee injury, unable to exercise, dealt with elder parents and their health issues and loss. I lost my job, my father in law, my mother, my ambition and I started gaining weight. The band slipped, I ate off the diet plan. I stressed about everything but me. I eventually regained all my weight, acquired hypertension, type II diabetes, sleep apnea, and chronic knee pain.

This year I am taking me back!  A good friend had the sleeve last year and she has been encouraging me to start again. So.. I did! I went to a WLS meeting in April. My six months have been long and full of appointments and planning. I had the band removed in July, per the surgeons recommendation for ease of healing post RNY that will happen in 2 weeks.I am so excited to finally be on my way again!! I will be 50 next summer and plan to be healthy and successful.  My friend keeps asking me if I am nervous.. should I be? am I missing something? Let's get this done I say!

The journey has finally started!! Lily B~

NYMom222
on 10/31/14 1:11 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good for you! Should you be nervous? No. I was more nervous about the fact that I was having surgery at all, I think. I had some fear of the unknown and what it would be like.  Having been through WLS before, you probably don't have as many fears about the 'other side' and what it will be like. I am 3 months + 1 week out and overall I am very happy with my decision. It's a work in progress, still trying to figure some things out but overall great. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views