Trader Joes - Best buys! Whats yours?

LISER617
on 10/29/14 11:55 pm - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

Im hitting up Trader Joes this weekend for the FIRST TIME EVER!! Im expecting to be overwhelmed with lots of good choices! What is your favorite, cant live without find at TJs?

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

Poodlemac
on 10/30/14 12:24 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Don't get too excited!  I didn't think it was all that :-(

jennyq88
on 10/30/14 1:31 am

Oh I think it's all that

jennyq88
on 10/30/14 1:32 am

Oh I think it's all thatOkay maybe not that much all that, but I love my T.J.s. 

A good selection of chicken sausages that are precooked and delicious off the grill. Many are around 100 cals for one and high in protein.

Several quinoa choices

chia seeds

soup stocks and soups

greek yogurt (but not as low cal as other brands. They have an amazing pumpkin yogurt right now that I eat 1/2 cont. at a time.

A frozen fish and shell fish in a mediteranean red sauce that takes only minutes to heat up and is delicious.

quinoa pasta

lite babybell cheese

*Have fun!*

SkinnyScientist
on 10/30/14 2:11 am

I need to shop with you. I never find this stuff. I was so disappointed that I only have gone back one other time. Now, I shall try this frozen fish and shell fish in a sauce.

YOU may have jsut single handedly redeemed TJs

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

MyLady Heidi
on 10/30/14 1:33 am

I went there all excited once thinking I was going to get something very special and I got nothing but some fruit and nuts.  After scouring the entire store I thought the prices were super high, but I was in Boston at the time, maybe that was the difference. 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/30/14 1:42 am

I go there mostly for small pieces of specialty cheese and the Bay Blend coffee, but there isn't a TJ conveniently located for me, so I don't get there often.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

nonsenseprecious
on 10/30/14 2:17 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I shop at one a couple of times a week. We're vegetarian, so I can't help much with meat or fish, but these are our regular purchases: 

--Unsweetened almond milk (plain and vanilla)

--Plain Greek yogurt (there's a store brand, and the prices on Fage are pretty good)

--Coconut milk creamer

--"Lite" Dubliner cheddar

--Kalamata olive hummus

--Horseradish hummus

--Gravensteen unsweetened applesauce

--Sprouted tofu

--Canned beans (especially chickpeas and black beans)

--Kabocha squash (I can only eat about a TB of this, but it's lovely with black beans and salsa)

--Salad mixes/greens

--Frozen peas, broccoli florets, shelled edamame

--Egg whites

I'm not eating much nut butter at the moment, but I buy it for my kids there,  and they also LOVE the no-added-sugar freeze-dried blueberries. strawberries, raspberries, and mango. It's a very good place for us to find school lunch stuff. 

Have fun!

joansch
on 10/30/14 2:38 am

I love their Chile Lime Chicken Burgers -- delish grilled and topped with a little cheese or avocado or salsa. My hubby even likes them and he generally frowns on anything "healthy". They're in the frozen food section and come 4 to a package.

Joan, Annapolis, MD

5'3"    SW: 248   Surgery date: 28 Aug 2014

mschwab
on 10/30/14 4:01 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I love Trader Joe's, and shop there often.  Here are some additional things:

Reduced Guilt Guacamole (made with Greek Yogurt)

Grilled chicken breasts (in the fresh food section.  They are grilled and vacuum packed so they last a long time)

Good selection of fresh organic fruits and vegetables

Frozen fruit for protein drinks

Good prices on olive and coconut oils.

Low sodium chicken and beef stock (I usually make my own, but like to have some on hand)

Great selection of nuts, including almonds packaged in individual servings

Cheese is an excellent value there.  I regularly buy shredded lite cheese and string cheese.

Good selection of meat free entrees.  I'm not a vegetarian, but I am a fan of tofu and like eating meat free a few times a week

Flowers and orchids are a great price.

There are tons of great things there.  Take your time.  Pick stuff up that looks interesting and read the label.  You'll find tons of treasures.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics