What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 10/30/14 10:09 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Happy Halloween, OH! Does everyone have a candy plan in place?! At 7 months out, I've decided that I'll allow myself 1 piece of candy at work and 1 piece tonight while handing it out to Trick or Treaters - between my busy day and the plans to indulge in a little candy, I'm keeping my calories pretty low today.

I had an outreach event yesterday, a MOMs Club Halloween Trunk or Treat party and I debuted my Olivia the Pig costume there. It was a lot of fun and my costume turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!

Time since surgery: 7 months

B: L&F greek yogurt with sliced almonds and chia seeds

S: Coffee with cream, apple slices and PB

L: Quick and easy is the name of the game - YoPa Yoplait Crunch yogurt, the low fat/cal one

S: almonds

D: Quest bar, or the insides of a chicken taco depending

S:? we'll see if it's needed AND if I have room

TOTALS: Calories 885, Protein 67, Carbs 72, Fat 48

V/W: started

E: Rest day, but lots of running around will happen

Have a great Halloween and a wonderful weekend - make good choices!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 10/30/14 10:17 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

HA!  Awesome costume.  I don't dress up, but I love to see everyone else.  My plan for tonight is to have a fun size or two if I feel like it.  I'm not stressing it and I don't even know that I'll want it when the time comes.  Hey, let's take a poll!  What's your favorite Halloween candy?  I love me some mini Twix bars, myself.  And Junior Mints.  Have you seen how much sugar is in Junior Mints!?  LOL

B:  coffee and Chobani Pumpkin Pie with some crumbled Cracklin Oat Bran. 

L:  Shrimp and ****tail sauce

S:  Fiber Gourmet Thinables and a Laughing Cow wedge

D:  A couple of roast beef/cheddar rollups

TOTALS:  Cals:  762  Protein:  63  Carbs:  79  Fat:  25

Happy Halloween!

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/14 10:33 pm
RNY on 11/17/14

I didn't realize how much "favorite" Halloween candy I had until just now. I was always "Oh I'm not a big candy eater"

I liiied to myself.  Mine: Twix, Snickers, Twizzlers, Butterfingers, M&Ms, Kit Kats. I don't think there is any I used to say no to.

This year it's just a mini bag for me, instead of the rest of the candy I didn't hand out.

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/14 10:28 pm
RNY on 11/17/14

Gooood morning and Happy Halloween!

That costume is so so cute! I can't wait until next year when I can wear anything I want. 

I was a day early yesterday, and went about thinking it was Halloween all day. I wound up walking two-miles, up hill both ways! I live in a valley so there was no way to avoid a hill coming-and-going. It was a great workout, even though my legs were shaking by the time I got home and I was starving. So I added a banana in addition to my lunch shake and I was okay.

I got some new sugar free Torani syrups to get me through the holidays on liquid/puree: gingerbread, pumpkin pie, s'mores, eggnog, and black cherry. The pumpkin pie one, with a bit of the pumpkin puree and a lot of ice, tastes like a thick pumpkin milk shake to me right now. It's delicious and I think will be my go-to for the weekend until I use up the can of puree.

I  will be passing out candy to the trick or treaters and I am allowing myself a mini bag of M&Ms. I lost 2 lbs this week, and I'm really pleased by it. With surgery so close, i don't want to slip up. 

Time until surgery: 18 days

B: Pumpkin Pie Protein shake (made with pumpkin puree, and light almond milk) cause I was super hungry this morning. (205)

L: Chocolate S'mores Protein shake (made with almond milk) 166.

D: Salmon with cauli "rice". 

S: L&F Caramel Macchiato Yoghurt and a mini-size of M&M's. 

E: TBD, Zumba is calling my name. 

Have a great weekend! I plan on going out to eat this weekend to say "goodbye" to solid food for awhile. Nothing terrible, maybe going down to the fish market or out for Thai/Brazilian. 

AZPatty
on 10/30/14 10:57 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Happy Halloween Everyone!  Anny, love the costume.  Today will surely be a crazy day with all of my third graders!  The only thing on their mind will be when is it party time and when do we leave to go trick or treating.  I will be strong and not let the stress of the day drive me to bad food choices!

For our classroom party I told the kids that they could bring healthy snacks for the class.  I told them they will have plenty of candy and junk food at night so we need to keep a balance.  Let's see if that works.  I doubt it I already heard kids say they were bringing cupcakes, ones is bringing pumpkin poop (cheese balls), and I heard about some cookies.  I reminded them before they left to bring healthy things.  I don't think it will happen but we will see. 

Halloween candy--I love the Dots.  They are my all time favorite candy.  I bought full size candy bars to pass out because I knew if they were the fun size I would allow myself to have one or maybe two.  I am not tempted with a full size because that is way too much to indulge in.  Hope that strategy works.

Exercise:  Ran 3.5 miles this morning

B:  premier protein, tea, string cheese

S:  caramel apple pie greek yogurt

L:  taco bowl

D:  ???

I don't have my totals yet because dinner is undecided. 

kbb0185
on 10/30/14 11:51 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

LOL - pumpkin poops...so adorable!  It must be tough to resist with all those kiddos around!  Good job planning :)

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

karenp8
on 10/30/14 11:41 pm - Brighton, IL

I love your costume Anny! So cute! I intend to stay far away from candy and have plans tonight so won't be home for trick or treaters. Didn't even buy any candy as hubby who is diabetic and I don't need any. Very very windy and chilly today. Lily was sort of scared by the strong gusts so would only do 1.1 mile at the park. I will finish another 1.94 miles downstairs on my treadmill I guess. No other exercise planned but going shopping so will be doing lots of walking. On track with fluids and vitamins so far and have ones for later packed in my purse to take with me. Here's the plan for food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L Wendy's chili S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D probably some sort of seafood and broccoli S Greek yogurt. Have a good day and enjoy your weekend too!

kbb0185
on 10/30/14 11:53 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

Happy Halloween!  Anny, amazing costume, you look adorable and tiny!  I am at work today, off early to take the little one trick or treating.  She's changed her mind ten times about what she wanted to be, so we will see what the final product is!

I am trying to eat light today.  I am not eating an Halloween candy at all.  I haven't tested sugar and don't have any desire to to be honest.  I may splurge and have a glass of wine or something, we're going to our friends house to take our kids out.

Here's food for today.  I haven't worked out since Tuesday!  I am feeling like a slacker.  I'm going to go to spin early tomorrow at 9am sharp!

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Quest Bar - Cookies and Cream, 60 g 190 22 7 21 310 1  
Add Food  Quick Tools 190 22 7 21 310 1  
Lunch
Dannon - Light N Fit Greek Yogurt Vanilla, 1 cup 80 9 0 12 50 7  
Add Food  Quick Tools 80 9 0 12 50 7  
Dinner
Premier Nutrition - Ready to Drink Chocolate Protein Shake, 1 Shake 12oz 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Add Food  Quick Tools 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Snacks
Blue Diamond - Almonds (Roasted Salted), 1.5 oz 255 8 24 9 128 2  
Add Food  Quick Tools 255 8 24 9 128 2  

Totals 685 44 34 72 848 11

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

NYMom222
on 10/31/14 1:01 am, edited 10/31/14 1:02 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Anny great Costume! I never know how many trick or treaters I will get. I do have candy, wasn't planning on eating any. I have had chocolate since my surgery, a square of dark chocolate. Don't want to eat it just because it's there. One of my habits to break, We will see. :)

B: egg, butter

S: Fit Frappe Coffee protein

L: Black Bean chili

S: provolone and chicken breast roll-up

D: chicken - preparation to be determined

S: macadamia nuts, herbal tea

Cal: 865  Carbs: 36  Protein:82

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Dcgirl
on 10/31/14 1:51 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, everyone!  Anny you look ADORBS!  Seriously amazing.  I have no idea who Olivia is but I love your costume :)

Halloween needs to be OVER right now.  I had 2 Reese's last night.  2 little Reese's cups is 210 calories!  Jesus.  And I wonder why I am sitting stagnant on the scale lol.

I don't know my full menu today but I wanted to say how much I loved your costume and will post what I can.  This week I have my first sip of alcohol planned since Dec 1, 2013.  Tomorrow I am having a drink while up at a river house in Annapolis, MD with a group of close friends.  Hope I'm a cheap date :)

B: Chike shake, 1 piece of bacon, coffee with 2 tbsp half and half

L: Trader Joe's jalapeño chicken sausage (2)

S: Skinny Pop

D: This is the unknown

I really need to DETOX from carbs - have been allowing them to creep in here and there.  I definitely have learned that I can't have things in my house like unportioned bags of popcorn, pretzels, chips.  Good to know about myself.  I sure do wish I were "normal" and could resist the siren call, but if I am honest with myself, I can't!

Happy Halloween, all!  EM

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 315 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?