What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 11/19/14 9:30 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning OHers, thank you all for your kind words yesterday. It was a quiet day on the post, maybe today will be more lively. 

For the first time, this week I did not all my food into MFP. This was a "rule" I had told myself I wouldn't break - always log everything, even when my choice wasn't the greatest, log it - even when I was breaking my surgeon's rules, log it - stay accountable to myself. Today I will refocus and get back to basics. 

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: coffee with cream, apples and PB

L: sweet potato chili and sweetened ricotta

S: "trail mix" that I made with peanuts, a few white chocolate chips, and a few Kay's Naturals Cookie Bites

D: Eggbeater omelet, this used to be my go-to and I haven't made one in ages!

S: SkinnyPop and Dole Dippers

TOTALS: Calories 1195, Protein 73, Carbs 95, Fat 65

V/W: started

E: something at the gym, not exactly sure

I stopped by the Vitamin Shoppe last night to grab some Quest Bars for my trip this weekend and they had Quest Protein Chips, which I've been wanting to try. I grabbed the Sea Salt and the Cheddar and Sour Cream. I ate the Sea Salt last night and...I wasn't a huge fan. I mean they are definitely nice and crunchy, but I just didn't love the flavor. I'll try the other over the weekend. Anyone else try them?

Also, tomorrow I'll be driving to WV, with a planned departure of 7am, so if someone else would get the post started, that would be awesome.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

NYMom222
on 11/19/14 9:36 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Morning! Tonight I have a dinner at a very nice catering hall honoring my Bariatric Surgeon. The Hospital is giving it to honor him for 10 years of running the Bariatric Surgery program and all the boatloads of money he's brought in. :) Tey invited his patients and it's free too.

B: 2 eggs

S: Premier Chocolate, Tea

L: Stuffed Pepper, greek yogurt

D: Party!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Dcgirl
on 11/19/14 10:05 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I wonder if they will serve high protein, low carb foods or if it will be standard fare!  You will have to let us know :)  

karenp8
on 11/20/14 1:39 am - Brighton, IL

My surgeon has a dinner at the hospital each January for those who had surgery that year. They do great about having high protein low carb options and even small mini portions like little tiny individual sugar free tarts. It was lots of fun for sure. I'm sure this will be too!

AngryViking
on 11/19/14 10:19 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

That sounds like fun!

AnnyBananny
on 11/20/14 12:27 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I was wondering the same thing as Em, hopefully there will be good post-WLS options!

karenp8
on 11/19/14 9:57 pm - Brighton, IL

Another miserably cold day here in Illinois but hoping that by this afternoon Lily and I will be able to walk 3 miles at the park. I will also do level 9 on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike at some point this afternoon. On track with fluids and vitamins too. Here's the eats for the day:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz turkey and cheese with 1/2 c Greek yogurt S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz parmesan tilapia with 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Dcgirl
on 11/19/14 10:14 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Anny and all,

I have been off the grid for a few days, in NYC for partying and shopping.  And not surprisingly, up 1.6 lbs.  Anny, I am so sorry for your loss.  I know you were really close to your uncle and I am pained for such a loss in your family.  It's nice that you will be able to spend the weekend all together.

I am with you - I log everything into MFP even if it makes me cringe.  I logged the 3 girl scout cookies I ate yesterday on the train.  I think it's good that you are committing to log and be honest with yourself and all of us who are connected on MFP.  I agree that it helps me to be accountable.

I feel like so many of us have slip-ups and then say "back to basics" and I find myself doing that more and more as I get further out from surgery.  I don't know if that is "normal" and safe, or something to definitely watch.  I know that stepping on the scale and seeing it UP really kicks me in the face and I am going to work on getting it down.

NSV - I shopped all over NYC (I walked 7 miles yesterday and haven't thawed just yet) and I bought some cute clothes at H&M and Express.  I got 4 pairs of new leggings to pair with boots.  Not that I needed 4.  Sigh...

Time Since Surgery: 11 months, 1 week

B: Chike, coffee with french vanilla creamer

S: Kay's Naturals honey mustard jalapeño sticks

L: 3 oz smoked whitefish with 2 tbsp of light whipped cream cheese on a few 34 Degree rosemary crackers

S2: Strawberry cheesecake Light and Fit Greek yogurt with almonds and chia seeds

D: Late dinner out with friends - will have spicy cashews, chicken skewers, spicy tofu salad.

E: I am trying a new cardio class at the gym at noon.  Wish me luck!

Totals are 100 g protein, 70 g carbs, 1,200 calories

Anny, a friend of mine tried the Quest protein chips and said they have a terrible whey protein flavor.  She bought me a bag so I will try it.  I tried Protings in NY which have 15 g protein and only 7 g carbs.  I am always looking for crunchy "chips" that are low carb.  The sea salt is ok but not great.  The tangy Carolina BBQ has a good taste, and I bought a bag of chile lime to bring home.  Might be a great dipper for guacamole!  You can find Protings on amazon.com

Have a great day everyone.  I've missed you this week!

AnnyBananny
on 11/20/14 12:28 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Em, I've been thinking the same thing all month. It seems like for about the last 4-5 weeks I've said "Back to Basics" several times and my dismal 4 pound loss this month is really proving the point. Le sigh...

karenp8
on 11/20/14 1:42 am - Brighton, IL

Choices have some to do with it ladies,but it's also normal to lose more slowly as you get closer to goal because your body at a lower weight doesn't require as many calories just to function. Likewise the less you weigh the fewer calories you burn with exercise. Doesn't really seem fair?!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 515 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 244 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics