Full liquids

bublegirl1
on 11/15/14 10:01 am
RNY on 11/10/14

So my surgeon usually does clear liquids phase then full. But the dietician coordinator at the hospital that works with him sent me home on full as long as I can tolerate them. So I was excited to be able to use almond milk with my protein powders etc. And the sample menu that I received directly from my surgeons office shows that on the liquid phase I can have puréed cottage cheese, sugar free yogurt with an ounce of puréed fruit, and cream of wheat or cream of rice as examples. I have been tolerating the full liquids all week just fine and have never been nauseous. I have not tried any of the. Fruit or cream of wheat or anything like that mostly because I'm nervous too. LOL i'm wondering if I should just try it or if I should try to email my surgeon and ask him if that's okay since I went home on the full liquids and not the Clear. I don't want to try something that I'm not supposed to do. 

-Amie

Poodlemac
on 11/15/14 10:57 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I went to full liquids day 4 with no real problems. SOOOO much better than clears!

bublegirl1
on 11/15/14 11:01 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Thanks. I emailed my surgeon and he wrote me back and said "try". Lol love the detailed response. 

-Amie

Poodlemac
on 11/15/14 11:41 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Grits and malt o meal were tougher than cream of broccoli soup and such. I did some strained cream of potato, strained cream of broccoli, strained broccoli chees soups. They were delicious after all the clears. I'd have never eaten them before!  Then I began to leave a bit of the strained stuff in the soups to start chewing lightly. Greek yogurt and even laughing cow cheese was super yummy. 

Poodlemac
on 11/15/14 11:42 am
RNY on 09/26/14

And hummus!

Chilipepper
on 11/15/14 1:23 pm

Your doctor told you you could have grits?  It amazes me. Grits get stuck in your teeth. Imagine what it would do to a suture line. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Chilipepper
on 11/15/14 1:21 pm

Why introduce any carbs at this time. I hate when they send people home and tell them Cream of wheat and mashed potatoes and gravy and fruit this early. There are plenty of protein options. Cream of rice? Really? I can't believe it.  Please please stick to cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and yogurts and sugar free jello. Be smarter than them. Carbs will cause you to crave carbs. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

bublegirl1
on 11/15/14 1:31 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

I used cream of rice with the sleeve in the early weeks and it didn't make me crave other carbs. Once I could eat regular food I was more than happy to have the protein! I never touched the stuff again. But I understand where you are coming from. 

-Amie

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/14 12:24 am, edited 11/16/14 12:24 am

I don't know how long ago you had your RNY, but on full liquids, the stomach is healing. I had my sleeve done this past September and I ate cream of wheat with no problems, and I lost weight while eating it.  The full liquid stage is too soon to be obsessed with carbs. Trying to nourish the body while one is healing is the main objective.  I did NOT crave carbs when eating the cream of wheat cereal, thank you.

Chilipepper
on 11/16/14 12:37 am, edited 11/16/14 12:38 am

It's not that you can eat it. It has no nutritional value. Grains like wheat and rice turn sugar and potatoes turn to starch during digestion and is not a good way to start off your process.  Protein heals the body.  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 339 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 99 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?