A distinct change.......

angel91e
on 11/26/14 12:51 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

So I have noticed the last week or two that without changing my routine or my eating pattern my weight loss has dramatically slowed.  It's not stopped completely like a stall just the amounts of weight that I lose has become smaller and the stalls longer and at almost a year my surgeon says that's completely normal. He says I can expect that I might still drop a little more over the next six months but I'm in a normal range for body weight for my height and my body will eventually settle in to where ever it's going to be.  I already passed my original goal and my surgeons and PCP's as well though I did lower my goal on here to the bottom end of the normal range because I thought it might be good to have some "bounce back" room.  Even though I have never been that thin in my adult life.  I'm so excited to have been so successful and while everything has been really positive is there any advice that people have about avoiding bounce back weight.  I'm really trying hard to do everything by the book but I'm kinda nervous since the holidays have always been a really food oriented time for me.  Whatever tips tricks and advice anyone has is all appreciated.

I know without a doubt that I never never never would have been as successful on my journey if I hadn't had such an awesome resource at my fingertips!

thanks in advance 

Angel

karenp8
on 11/26/14 11:22 pm - Brighton, IL

I've been in maintenance for about 17 months or so and have not changed anything at all. I still stay away from white processed carbs like bread,pasta and rice and exercise every day. When I was first below goal I had to eat snacks between meals or I would continue to lose weight but now I eat snacks some days and other days I don't. I got down as low as 118  which was the very bottom of a normal bmi. Now I am about 120 to 123 without changing a thing so I think my malabsorption is pretty much decreased. I am 27 months post op.

wrussell3
on 11/27/14 2:20 am - NC

At a year out, I remember thinking I was done.  And I was done for at least 6 months.  At just under 2 years out, I lost another 20-30 lbs.  Now I am 3 & 1/2 years out and exactly where I want to be.  You will be amazed what will happen now that you don't expect it.  I know I wasted a lot of money of size 10s thinking that was my stopping point.  I now wear a size 4 or 6 comfortably.  Just keep doing the right things.  Your body knows what is doing but don't fall into the trap of "oh, I can eat what I want."  Congrats on your success so far.

HFA70
on 11/27/14 5:24 am

I'm glad I read this.  After hitting my 1 year mark and thinking this was it, I'm finding  that I'm still losing about 2 lbs a month and following my plan. I am comfortable in a 6-8 and was thinking about splurging while shopping for Christmas and adding to my new wardrobe.  I'll continue with the hand me downs and wait until Spring.

angel91e
on 11/27/14 12:48 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

Ok it just boggles my mind to think that I might come anywhere close to this next goal weight. I find myself referring to it as the crazy skinny goal lol. Maybe it's just me but I still have a really hard time even buying clothes that fit because I'm always thinking I'm bigger than I am and am often having to go back and exchange things for smaller sizes.  It feels weird to even say it. I guess I still think of myself as that "big girl"

Wow..... What a crazy ride this has been!

Angel

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 12 replies · 88 views