What's on your menu this Tuesday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 11/24/14 8:35 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning RNYers! I have a feeling that today is going to be a looong day - mostly in that it's my only full day in the Library and therefore it's going to drag. The internet is also out for most of our computers, including the catalog and circulation system, which will make things a bit deadly.

While it's 57 degrees right now, by tomorrow morning it's going to be in the 30s and snowing, so I'm heading to my parents' tonight. Who else will travel for Thanksgiving? We talked about Thanksgiving strategies yesterday, but I also wonder about your general travel strategy...do you bring your own food? Rely on protein bars and shakes? When I'm going some place like my parents' I usually ask my mom to pick up some L&F yogurts in advance for me and I bring some protein bars just in case. This time I'm also bringing the dry stuff for my overnight oats (made up into little baggies for each morning).

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: Overnight Oats

S: coffee with cream, apples and PB

L: Applesauce chicken and sweetened ricotta

S: Babybel Light and almonds, maybe another coffee (half caf) before I drive

D: Quest bar on the road

S: SkinnyPop

TOTALS: Calories 1016, Protein 70, Carbs 93, Fat 53

V/W: started

E: bla, again, no time - it's been almost 2 weeks since I've been to the gym and traveling for the holiday means another 5 days with no gym, I'll have to do some walking/running at my parents' for sure!

Make it a good one, all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 11/24/14 9:46 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  I'm not traveling for Thanksgiving and haven't in several years.  It's just me, my husband and my son and I love it.  Most of my family lives downstate, about 3 hours away, so we visit 3-4 times a year.  We won't be going again until sometime in January so we will miss the holiday crunch time of "OK, let's spend 2 hours at your sister's, but then we have to go to my aunt's house before we stop at my Dad's" that I hate so much.  I haven't really traveled much since the surgery, but those few times I brought Quest bars, beef jerky, almonds and a gallon of water.  Combined with whatever I'm able to eat at someone's house/restaurant, that seemed to get me through just fine.

B:  coffee and 1/2 Quest bar.  I forgot my yogurt/cottage cheese that I usually have for breakfast and I'm sad.  LOL

L:  4 oz. shrimp w/****tail sauce, Fiber Gourmet wheat thinables and a Laughing Cow wedge

S:  a clementine and 1/2 oz of pork rinds

D:  deli ham and cheese rollups and a HB egg

Totals:  Cals:  772  Protein:  73  Carbs:  58  Fat:  32

Dcgirl
on 11/24/14 10:05 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, all!  Thankfully I am flying to Charlotte tonight to visit my parents, since DC is expecting a dusting of snow tomorrow which will paralyze the city.  So somehow during the day today I need to work, do two loads of laundry, pack, walk to the metro, get to Union Station, and take a train to the Baltimore airport.  It's gonna be one of those days. The good news is, I got a two hour workout in this morning.  I had my normal class at 6:30 and I was the only one who showed up.  We basically did squats for 50 minutes (with kettle bells and some other things mixed in).  

I am going to have to eat dinner at the airport since I have to leave my apartment at 5 to make a 9 pm flight.  I am not sure what I will have.  There are not very many good options (I looked online).  I could buy a Chipotle burrito bowl at Union Station but I don't know if I want to schlep it.  I will bring a Quest bar just in case.

Safe travels to everyone, and enjoy your time with your family and friends if you are celebrating Thanksgiving!

Time Since Surgery: Almost 11.5 months

B: Chike, Large Starbucks coffee with half and half (I feel like I earned it ha ha)

S: Strawberry shortcake Light and Fit greek yogurt with almonds and chia seeds

L: The final installment of my tuna fish mixed with onions and light mayo, on Quest protein chips for some satisfying crunch

S2: Maybe Kay's naturals Kruncheez or maybe Skinny Pop

D: A big huge TBD

E: 50 minutes of strength training, 1 hour on the Arc Trainer

I weighed in at 164.4 this morning, which is 4.4 lbs from my stated GOAL.  My real goal is 150. And my super secret I can't imagine reaching it goal is 145 (for no reason other than the BMI chart puts me at normal when I hit 145).  My current short-term goal is to weigh exactly the same as today on Sunday morning.  Which will require mostly good choices all week and some cheating on Thanksgiving :)

Have a great day all, and safe travels!

aiderbellou
on 11/25/14 12:17 am

I saw chia seeds at Sams but didn't know how you use them.  Do you just sprinkle them on food and are do they have protein or what?

aiderbellou
on 11/25/14 12:24 am

Never mind!  I just did a search on here and learned a lot!  Thanks for mentioning them.

phibbmom
on 11/24/14 11:21 pm

Good morning!  Today will be a long day for me too but only because I am waiting for my daughter to come home from college.  I am so thankful she is coming, but it makes things a little more difficult with timing and eating.  I found the last time she came home I got side tracked and had a hard time eating when I was supposed to. 

My family has been wonderful about Thanksgiving and my mother-in-law even offered to make things differently for me. I am a little worried because there is sooo much food.  I just plan to put turkey, green beans and a tablespoon of mashed potatoes on my plate and not have any more than that.  I also let them know that I would be taking a long walk after dinner.  I always seem to feel better if I get up and walk after I eat.

I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip to your parents.

Time since surgery:  2 months today

B: Protein Pancakes

L: tuna salad w/light mayo, applesauce

D: stuffed peppers, kale

S: sugar free popcicle

E:  45 min on treadmill, 3.0 speed

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

AZPatty
on 11/24/14 11:37 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good morning all. It sounds as though we are all busy right now. The good thing about being so busy is we tend to eat less. I am not traveling for thanksgiving but having many guests at our house. My husband keeps inviting more and more people over. I told him this morning that we don't have any more room for more. 

No exercise today because I have to shop for thanksgiving. 

B:  premier protein, tea

S:  Greek yogurt

L:  turkey chili

D:  other 1/2 of flat out pizza

S:  popcorn

Safe travels for everyone out and about.

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/14 12:07 am

Good Morning.Crazy morning but I bring it on all myself. I love the holidays. I am staying home and I am so happy about that. 

B:Insides of a WAWA breakast sandwich

L:Power crunch bar

D:Meatloaf and veggies

Looking forward to getting my daughter today. 

Have a wonderful day.

NYMom222
on 11/25/14 12:40 am, edited 11/25/14 12:41 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good morning, I am not traveling or cooking for Thanksgiving. I am going to my brothers and his family which is about 45 minutes away. I did make an apple pie to bring, nothing diet about it. My brother just got married a few weeks ago in Hawaii. The wedding reception is Saturday. Got anew outfit yay! Still figuring out the shoes. Go to the doc this afternoon for my 4 month follow up. Hoping the 90 pounds shows on his scale too.

B: premier protein

L: hummus with added protein powder, celery

S: protein bar

D: Kabocha squash soup, salad with salmon on it

W: ½ way there

E: walked 2 miles at the mall. They open early for walkers. With the bad and cold weather coming I am going to try and go a couple of times a week. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Dodgergirl27
on 11/25/14 2:50 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All!

Great question, re. Travel Anny.  My travel strategy has been pretty simple so far.  I make sure and pack at least one WLS friendly food, for me that's typically almonds, since they don't have to be refrigerated and last forever.  So I put a bag in my purse and that's my emergency stash.  My other approaches are somewhat less proactive if you will and might not make all the sense in the world for everyone else, but so far have worked for me. When I travel, I've really tried to adjust my focus from food to the activity or place I'm traveling for.  So for instance, at parties, it's all about mingling and not at all about the food.  When I've traveled, I try and make it about eating something new and protein forward (which you can almost always find on a menu even at the most unforgiving restuarants, I still dream of these mint green beans I had at an Italian place a few months back that were the only somewhat WLS friendly thing on the menu).  How I'm trying to look at it and approach my life post WLS, is to change my mindset regarding these events.  I used to dread traveling/parties/etc. b/c I was always on some diet that made these events that should have been fun, horrible b/c they weren't diet friendly.  I don't want to do that or miss out any more, and I decided when I was going through the pre-op process that this would be a life change for me in a lot of ways, and one of them was that I wouldn't be so obsessive about food.  Now that's not to say I don't post here most days and on MFP, and I do put a lot of thought into my menu's...but at the same time now that I've developed some good habits, I also don't worry about it as much either (if that makes any sense at all :)  I  trust myself around food now, and my fall back position is protein first, and if I stick to that I know I'll be ok.  I mean, I can always eat the meatballs out of the giant bowl of pasta if that's what I'm faced with, right?  Somehow that gives me strength and makes me more confident in my food choices.  So, in the most long winded way possible, my strategy is to cling to protein first no matter what....I'm counting on that as my strategy from now until death :)

Time since surgery: 10 months

B - Weird work breakfast at a McDonalds, don't ask.  I had 1/2 eggwhite McMuffin (it was tasty, but high carb)

L - Leftover grilled salmon and veggies

S - Hard Boiled Egg

D - Grilled chicken breast w/ grilled veggies

W/V - On track

E - None planned, hopefully a nice long walk at lunch

Have a great day everyone, and for those of you traveling...Safe Travels!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 269 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics