It's Almost Here!!! And My Nerves!!! LOL!!

C_Turner221
on 12/19/14 9:53 pm, edited 12/19/14 9:54 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Tell Me Why I woke up this morning and my nerves started kicking in... I am soooo excited and nervous at the same time... I think the nerves kicked it up a notch today... I decided to do nothing today but relax ... But I feel like I'm doing everything but that! Lol! 

What Did You Do to Relax ??? Or If you haven't had surgery yet ... What is your plan for pre-surgery relaxation???

Thanks in Advance !

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

karenp8
on 12/19/14 10:22 pm - Brighton, IL

I cleaned and organized my house and double checked to make sure I had the things I would need after surgery. I also put clean bed linens on the bed the day of so I would come home to clean sheets. I also did some of the things I do now to take my mind off food on big pouch days: watch favorite movies,read a good book,play games on Facebook or knit. You will do great and it will be over and done before you know it!

C_Turner221
on 12/19/14 10:42 pm, edited 12/19/14 10:42 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

AWW thank you ... I did all that earlier this week ... Lol! Yesterday ... I wrapped all my Christmas gifts ... (Need to pick up 3 more gifts tho).  My house is OCD spotless.. Lol! I need to ge****er too... 

My parents are coming up Monday morning since my surgery is in the afternoon... 

Thank you for your advice and words of encouragement.. I am forever grateful...

Deana_
on 12/19/14 10:31 pm

I am very nervous as well.

today is my last day at work. 

I feel so good when i am at the surgeons office because they act like its no big deal.. then i get home and i cant sleep and im so so nervous.

Proud of myself though, i havent cheated once on this liquid diet. I havent lost much weight though only 5 pounds. I guess its a good thing im getting the surgery for that reason.

C_Turner221
on 12/19/14 10:48 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Aww yesterday was my last day.... I can admit I cheated on my surgeon with Chipotle  (as you know), but at Preop I still showed major weight loss... 

Congrats on being awesome on not cheating .. Sorry your weight loss hasnt been what you wanted but every pound helps ... We are going to do great surgery twin! 

What are you doing to combat your nervousness?

Deana_
on 12/20/14 12:00 am

Chipotle is delicious, i understand. I cant wait until i am healed a couple months down the road and i can have a bowl without rice lol. of course it will last 3 meals but i cant wait to taste it!

I was 240 at my first apt with the surgeon and 234.4 when i weighed myself yesterday. not so bad i guess. 

I'm already planning my pureed meals. pureed shrimp and scallops maybe with some light cream cheese and old bay.. ricotta, eggies :) so done with these liquids!

As for the stress and nervousness.. I am trying to keep my mind off of it. Trying to pray and tell myself ill be okay.. taking baths.. wrapping gifts.. watching movies.. anything really. Tomorrow night i have a Christmas party but i know i wont be able to sleep.

We will be great! Its just the fear!

carimiller9173
on 12/20/14 6:46 am - Wilmington, DE

Deana, sending you big cyber hugs for a safe surgeyr and speedy recovery.

C_Turner221
on 12/20/14 6:55 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Aww thanks for the post!!! Yesss!!! Be proud girl !! We rock !!! We are on the way to a new day!!! It's nerves yes... Enjoy your holiday party... Went to one yesterday and had a great time...

have fun for me too!!! 

iloveravens
on 12/19/14 11:31 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

You got this, girl!  I read up as much as I could about the surgery, did all of my post-op food shopping beforehand (including vitamins, gas-x strips, tums, etc), had lots of support from both parents (who both had WLS)...just BREATHE...it'll be here before you know it :) xoxo

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

C_Turner221
on 12/20/14 6:57 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Awww thanks boo!!! Needed that ... I forgot about my gas x strips ... To the store tomorrow... Lol!!! 

Im so excited 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 563 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 341 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 369 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?