Eating too much at 6 mo

Divadmc
on 1/26/15 9:32 am

Last week I hit the 6month mark...have lost 75 pounds.  In my short time I've done 3 5k walks and go to the gym at least 2-3 times a week.  I did take a couple weeks off for the holidays.  I'm back at it again...but I find that I'm hungry All the time.  I've tried to fight the hunger with more water/water down unsweetened tea and healthy snacks, beef jerky, peanut ect.   Anyone else go through this? Advice to get back on track because I am worried about stretching out my pouch.  

Thanks!

NYMom222
on 1/26/15 2:43 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I just hit my 6 months last week, and things have changed. Food actually tastes good again, and I can eat more. Before I ate something and felt full for hours, now not so much.  I find things go better when I start my day with a protein drink/shake. I try to add enough liquid to make it 16oz.  I am also trying to add at least one small salad a day. I am having an appointment with the nutritionist this week to talk about it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

White Dove
on 1/26/15 10:27 pm - Warren, OH

The more carbs I eat the more I want to eat.  When I follow a very high protein, low carb diet there is no hunger. 

One way to get your body back in sync is to cold turkey the carbs.  By that I mean to get a turkey breast, roast it, cut it up and put in the refrigerator.  Eat as much of that as you want.  You will feel full and be getting lots of protein. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cathy W.
on 1/26/15 11:04 pm

During your "couple weeks off for the holidays" period, I'm assuming that means eating more carbs than normal.  If that is true, carbs are a vicious cycle.  The more you eat, the more you want.  

Stay focused on eating lean proteins.  Protein will give you the feeling of satiety and stay that way longer.  Return to the ways you ate before the holidays.  Losing 75 pounds in six months is great.  Go back to those habits.  

Create a momentum of being on track.  Have one day of being on track and keep going to build on that one day to many days of being on track.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

STB
on 1/27/15 3:22 am
RNY on 07/21/14

this weekend when I was away I ate more carbs than usual. I keep it at under 50gm/day. On Monday I was much more hungry than usual so it was a good realization that carbs do matter. I like the idea of having turkey in the frig to grab for a snack! good idea! 

SHARON  

Divadmc
on 1/27/15 10:11 am

Thank you all.  I will try the no carbs way.  But honestly If I have carbs it's about 2 bites of peanut butter toast or less than a 1/4 cup of rice...and that's maybe 1-2 per week.

thank you! Thank you all!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 143 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views