never hungry

oneuppr1
on 1/26/15 2:23 am

im almost 3 months out of surgery, and during the day im never hungry, to the point when i think of eating i get nausea. after 5 pm i can eat normaly, protein shakes are my savior. but i also cant drink them till after 5. water is the only thing that dosent bother me in the mornings. anyone else have this issue

khopley1709
on 1/26/15 2:40 am - Courtice, Canada

I find I am never hungry any time of the day and I have a hard time eating or having protein shakes.

I also never have a full feeling, which is probably not normal.

Cathy W.
on 1/26/15 4:30 am

You need to give nourishment to your body more than once a day and only in the evening.  You can't be getting in the amount of protein and other nutrients that your body needs.  They can be small "meals" but you need to eat more than what you are.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Jenn S.
on 1/26/15 4:31 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

I am 7 months out and I still don't feel hunger (not the same way as before surgery).  In the mornings I typically don't like the sound of food at all. I find that if I don't try to eat something then I will not get enough protein during the day and I'll be dragging.  I try to eat a yogurt slowly.  When I say slowly, it might take me an hour to fini**** Little bites at a time. I tend to feel better with something in my stomach even though before I ate it I felt like I couldn't eat anything.  If you can't do that yet, then the protein shakes are key. I would continue doing that and maybe try to snack on something small in between to get more used to eating during the day.  Good luck.

kokosuggs
on 1/26/15 4:58 am

I've heard some ppl from my support group say it may be a year b4 u feel hungry...but we have to have the carbs protein etc for our body....if not our body will think we're starving it &  hold onto the pounds...

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

oneuppr1
on 1/26/15 5:54 am

i compleatly agree cathy w. it worries me that i cant eat during the day. i do make sure i take all my vitamens. and get as much protein as i can. 

Cathy W.
on 1/26/15 6:53 am

Have you calculated how many grams of protein you're getting in each day?  With only one protein drink, I'd guess you're low.  

I'm glad that you're getting your vitamins in.  

Check out the protein though to see how much you are getting.  As a rough calculation, if you weigh under 250 pounds, take your weight and divide by 2 for an idea of how much protein you need (give or take a few grams).  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

STB
on 1/26/15 9:29 am
RNY on 07/21/14

I am frequently nauseous first thing in the morning when I start drinking my protein shake but if  keep at it with small sips it passes. I think it is because my stomach is so empty (that may not be true - I just chalk it up to that). Try different temperature. Hot liquids like tea may settle better. I would be worried about your protein intake as well as your fluid intake. I have only recently started getting hungry (at times - not always) and I am six months out

SHARON  

Heather2103
on 1/27/15 4:49 am - TN
RNY on 09/09/13

I'm 17 months post op and still never feel a hunger pain. However the head hunger if very real. You have to make yourself eat. Also, try a quest protein bar. They are great, ave 20g protein and under 200cals. 

princessjess73
on 1/28/15 1:07 pm - Lees Summit, MO

I am 11 w out, I also have to force eat. Some days are super difficult and when I take a bite, it makes me feel like someone stabbed my stomach with a sharp knife. Frequently nauseated and know for sure I am missing he target on most things. I vomit about 90% of the time even after one or two bites.i think when I so eat, my body is trying to go into starvation mode. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404