What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 2/23/15 9:14 pm, edited 2/24/15 12:24 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey-o!  It's a balmy -15 here in the 'Cuse this morning.  Kill me.  LOL 

I had yet another dental visit yesterday to fill another cavity and I'm still pretty sore.  This one was way back on the bottom left so the dentist and the assistant were really manhandling me and my mouth to get at it.  As a result, my menu is kind of "soft".  hee  Thankfully I don't have to go bac****il my 6 month visit.

Kristen's Question of the Day!  What was the first concert you ever attended?

I saw Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park in 1981.  I was 11.  LOL  My mom was a HUGE fan, so there was no way she was going to miss it.  It was pretty friggin' amazing and even though we were nowhere near the stage, it was a great concert.

B:  coffee with milk (and one with half & half), a Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese and a Quaker Maple & Brown Sugar low sugar oatmeal packet

S:  Graze box punnet:  Fiery Seeds.  It's got chili pumpkin and sunflower seeds

L:  2.5 oz. deli turkey and a Polly-o twist cheese stick

D:  Over easy egg on a Mediterranean chickpea burger with a little ricotta cheese

TOTALS:  Cals:  856  Protein:  75  Carbs:  57  Fat:  44

NEXT!

karenp8
on 2/23/15 9:54 pm - Brighton, IL

The first concert I ever saw was Joan Jett at the Illinois State Fair. I did also see Simon and Garfunkel though at the Checkerdome in St. Louis and it was amazing! Also saw John Denver and Hall and Oats too. All were good. Boy how music has changed! Post op almost 30 months and weight at 121.4 today. Exercise will be program 5 on treadmill and 40 minutes on the bike. Foot still not healed so this is it for now. On track with fluids and vitamins so far and here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz turkey meatballs and Greek yogurt D 1/2 c chicken and dumplings and 1/2 c creamed spinach S Greek yogurt with granola. Have a great day everyone!

mamata2
on 2/23/15 10:31 pm

AV, its funny you should ask the concert question, this weekend I am taking my 9 y.o. daughter to her first concert.  We are going to see Ariana Grande in Milwaukee.  It should be interesting but I know she will love it.  My first concert was White Zombie!  It was actually a great show.  My boyfriend at the time (now my husband) was really in metal/alternative in the mid-90s.

Kids are having a great time in Florida.  I've been fortunate to receive emails, texts and phone calls from them.  They LOVE the weather but who wouldn't after the hell winter we have all been having.  For all of you Trader Joe's enthusiasts, what are your favorite WLS friendly items?  I'm going to stop on my way home and its always better if I go in with a list :)

Time since surgery: 7.5 Months

B: 12 grain toast and PB & Co. Cinnamon Raison Peanut Butter and Coffee with Splenda

S: 1/2 Quest Bar and probably more coffee

L: Chicken sausage, Babybel light and Good Bean Chickpeas

S: Cashews

D: Chicken curry from the Thai place - no rice

S: One Lindt truffle ball (amazingly I can only eat one and feel satisfied)

W/V: Started

E: I'm going to try to get my hubbie to take a long walk with me (It's going to be above freezing here today!)

Dcgirl
on 2/23/15 11:52 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG I love Trader Joe's.  This is surely not a comprehensive list, but here goes:

Cruciferous crunch lettuce mix for salads

Balsamic vinegar and rosemary cooked chicken strips (I put this on the salad mix)

ALL of their cheeses!  They are so affordable!  Obsessed with goat cheese and Port Salut

My favorite item ever is their jalapeño greek yogurt dip.  Anny uses it for chicken salad!

Affordable bags of nuts - I buy slivered, unsalted almonds to add to Light and Fit yogurt

Light champagne vinaigrette dressing

Sweet and hot cherry peppers in a jar (I stuff them with goat cheese)

Lump crab and light whipped cream cheese that I spread on 34 degree crackers

CRAB STUFFED FLOUNDER!  Yum

Frozen shrimp

Jalapeño chicken sausages

Chili lime chicken burgers in the frozen section

I hear ya on the "try to make my husband take a walk" - I am woefully short on steps and I don't know if I can make myself walk outside!

Have fun at Trader Joe's!!!

mamata2
on 2/23/15 11:54 pm

Thank you DC!  Great list, so many ideas!

AnnyBananny
on 2/24/15 12:37 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I will add:

turkey meatballs from the freezer section

berries!

light string cheese and like Emily - ALL the cheeses really

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dodgergirl27
on 2/24/15 2:05 am
RNY on 01/22/14

I love the Italian Turkey Meatloaf

The sausages (esp. the Korean BBQ)

The Thai peanut salad dressing/sauce (I put it on everything)

In the frozen section they have a low fat spinach artichoke dip that I get and eat with veggies for a quick/lazy dinner sometimes

Thai cashews are good in salads (esp. with the peanut dressing)

mamata2
on 2/24/15 2:21 am

Thank you for all the great suggestions ladies!

NYMom222
on 2/23/15 11:03 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was there too! Simon and Garfunkel in Central Park.... I was in the center about half-way back.... Only I wasn't 11, I was 23. My ex-husband was an obsessive concert-goer ...  a bone of contention sometimes actually (ie. You are married with children)... Don't remember the first one, but other memorable ones were -  Frank Zappa at the Paladium, NYC... Pink Floyd, The wall....Diana Ross.... Hall and Oates at Liberty State Park, NJ (across from Statue of Liberty) on the 4th of July... brutally hot 100+ degrees. As you can see I don't really go to concerts now... Oh and BTW yesterday was my 7 month Surgiversary...time flies...

B: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

S: Fruit salad, plain yogurt

L: Roast Chicken, roast potato, asparagus

D: Roast Beef and cheese roll-ups, Pickle

S: Kind Bar

E: 45 minutes Rebounder Trampoline

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 2/23/15 11:08 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

No way!  LOL  You know, not too long ago I actually found my Mom's S&G concert t-shirt.  It was soooooo tiny I'm not even sure a Kindergartener could wear it. 

Those are some awesome concerts!  I haven't been to one in probably 15 years but next month I'm going to see Billy Joel at the Dome.  I am stoked!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views