What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 2/24/15 9:19 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Uh oh, guess what day it is!  Huh?  Anybody?  Hey Mike!  MikeMikeMikeMikeMike!

Now, my son's name is Michael so I get a lot of mileage out of this.  My son does not find it funny.  Of course, that makes it that much funnier.  LMAO  I'm the best mom ever.

I'm getting bored with my menu lately.  I seem to repeat the same things over and over so I think I need to spice it up.  Maybe it's just general wintertime malaise, but I'm kind of over it.  LOL  I'm going to make a trip to Trader Joe's this week and I took notes of what everyone's go-to items are so I'm going to be looking for those.  Does anyone else get into a food rut or is that just me?

Kristen's Question of the Day!  What was your most favoritest vacation?

I honeymooned for 2 weeks in Cabo San Lucas back in 2004.  It remains by far my favorite trip.  The weather was beautiful, the resort we stayed in was beautiful and the food was bangin'.  We want to go back for our 15 year anniversary and bring the kid.  MikeMikeMikeMikeMikeMike.   hahahaha

B:  coffee and a Light & Fit Greek banana cream

S:  cheese stick and 1/2 a chocolate peanut butter Pure Protein bar

L:  1 oz. beef jerky and an apple with a couple of wedges of Laughing Cow

D:  Since I ended up having chicken for dinner last night:  Over easy egg on top of a Mediterranean chickpea burger w/a 1/4 c of ricotta cheese

TOTALS:  Cals:  788  Protein:  67  Carbs:  68  Fat:  31

Hmmm...I need another protein snack in here somewhere.  Suggestions?

mamata2
on 2/24/15 9:30 pm

LOL!  HUMP DAY!  Thank goodness.  I am enjoying my week without children but I am starting to miss them.  They called again last night and it sounds like they are having a blast with Grandma and Grandpa.  My daughter was over the moon that she bought a wand at Olivander's.  My kids are big readers and I think they have each read the Harry Potter series once and their own and twice with us, so going to Harry Potter World yesterday was a dream come true!

My trip to Trader Joe's last night was fantastic!  I think I got almost everything that was suggested on yesterday's post, primarily because it all looked so good!  You all have the best ideas :)  I found these black bean snacks that are yummy too.  Kind of like puffy Cheetos but made with black beans so no cheesy flavor.  I also did not buy one sweet or unhealthy item, which I think is a first for me at TJ's.  Wait, I did buy a bottle of wine.  Does that count?  ;)

My favorite vacation is a tie.  Jamaica a few weeks ago was amazing and 3 years ago we took the kids to Disney which was a perfect family vacation.  We did it as cheaply as we could but we made sure each kid got to do one special thing.  I will always remember that vacation :)

Time since surgery: 7.5 months

B: SF Latte and Steel cut oats with almonds and cherries (I'm trying something very new based on everyone else's experiences!)

S: 1/2 Quest Bar and Coffee

L: Chicken Sausage, Babybel Light and Good Bean Chickpeas

S: ThinkThin Crunch Bar in White Chocolate

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

D: Trader Joe's Lamb Koftas

S: Lindt Truffle ball

W/V: Started

E: 45 run

Totals: Calories 1233, Protein 93, Fat 57, Carbs 100

Have a great day all!

mamata2
on 2/24/15 9:49 pm

Ugh, sorry for the deletes!  My computer spazzed!

AnnyBananny
on 2/24/15 10:00 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I want to go to Harry Potter World!!!!

Ya for Trader Joe's. I'm in loooooooove with TJ's. There are multiple near me but I still always wish they were closer. I'm totally jealous that Emily can walk to her - good food AND getting steps in? JEAL-OUS!

Can you believe I've never been to Disney? My parents don't love me.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/15 10:11 pm

I would rather go as an adult. My kids enjoyed it but I think I liked it more. 

Dcgirl
on 2/25/15 5:40 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I have to go to Orlando for conferences TWICE in May!  Feel free to come stay for free in my hotel room and explore hell, I mean, Disney ;)  (As someone without kids, Disney to me is pretty much nowhere I would ever want to be ha ha!  Not that I am a scrooge but it's just not my thang!)

AnnyBananny
on 2/25/15 5:52 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Don't say that lightly, Em! I might just turn up in Orlando (ok probably not since I'll still be new at work AND I'm a horrendous flyer)!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 2/24/15 10:16 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

I need to get myself to Disney stat.  We keep trying to plan that as a family vacation but something always seems to come up ($$$) and we can't do it. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/15 10:23 pm

It is very expensive and a really busy vacation. You need a vacation after the vacation.

mamata2
on 2/24/15 9:45 pm
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics